Friday, January 14, 2011

Painting.... Drinking.....Frustration....Bragging



Got up today a little on the late side. Dad is asleep on the couch. He is still not "mentally" back to
normal. This has been his outfit of the week. Tan hat, light jacket, pants, black shoes and gloves. Don't know what to do with him. He's taken to sleeping on the sofa. He has to do that if he wants to be with Stella. She has started doing her own thing and refusing to sit in the recliner with him. He'll do whatever it takes to sleep with that dog.

Well, the painting class was a hit. Sheila took the wine, and I made a snack. (What kind of art class would it be if you couldn't eat and drink while painting?) I evidently used up all my creative juices on the art basket. The art teacher did mention how cool it was to the entire class, and there were about 75 people there.

I bought a paint brush cleaner/caddie and new paint brushes (about $25 worth of supplies) and made snacks to put on the brushes. I had tomato-basil-mozzarella, Kalmata olives, 3 types of fudge, Wasabi Almonds, and ham-swiss on rye with dijon "brush" appetizers. The food was additional..... what can I say? Money is no object when it comes to creating a memory. I also treated Joyce and Sheila to the class..... but that was the cheapest thing about the evening. Oh what fun we had!

You all paint the same picture. Joyce and I have painted before, but never with acrylics. She and I both were caught off guard by the entire project. We followed the teachers directions. I expected her to let us blend our paints at some time, and also to cover up the base markings we started with. Wrong! She never gave us instructions to do that, and when she announced the class was over..... I was shocked. Thank gawd I took the appetizer. Some of the ladies at our table and us used one of the brushes to try and fix our "roundish" windows. I still need to work on mine, but have decided to just toss it. Live and learn. I'll know more what to do at the next class.


Here are the results....... guess who painted which one.....
painting #1

painting #2

painting #3

Just before we left, Sheila added a bird to her picture. She was soooo happy with her results. And honestly, her painting was the best of the three. I'll leave it at that. I'll reveal the names in a later post.... oh what the hell. I did #1, Sheila #2 and Joyce #3.

No comments: