Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Excitement - Cole Style

My.... just when I think I'll get my life back to normal, something happens. After Xmas, Dad was a mess. He couldn't communicate well, and was extremely depressed. The doctor had me up his medicine, and we have noticed some improvement in his over all actions. He has finally figured out that he's back home. He's now living and sleeping in the living room, so I'm spending more and more time in my bedroom. Enough said about that..... but I am glad he's doing better than when we first got him home.

Monday, Sheila, Joyce and I went to see True Grit. It was a great movie. We all really enjoyed it, even though I persoally am not much of a western movie fan. It was really cold here, and it wasn't really that warm in the theatre. I spilled my Icee drink down my shirt and coat, so I was really cold. Because of that, I took Sheila and Joyce straight home after the movie. I didn't even go in for a drink.

Some things work out for the best, cause about 30 minutes after Sheila and Joyce went in, they heard a loud thud from upstairs. Mark had collapsed, lost consciousness, and lost quite a bit of blood. HE IS OKAY NOW..... I don't want to scare anyone. They rushed him to the hospital, where he immediately got a transfusion and tons of testing. It was 2 days of worry for Sheila, Mark, and Joyce. They got him home from the hospital last night, and he was back at work today. He had a diverticular rupture. Mark is on the enemic side (that's what I'll call it for lack of anything better..... he has a low hemoglobin count.... whatever that means), so it affected him more severely than it would other people. They're still going to do further testing on his blood. Guess I need to make him some liver soup. UGH!

Tonight, Joyce and Sheila are going with me to a painting class. We'll all paint the same thing. LOVE MY GROUPONS! I bought that a while back so I could treat Joyce and Sheila to something different. When you go, you take your own beverage of choice, and your own snacks. Sheila is providing the wine, and I'm doing the snacks. I bought a little painter-tote that stores your brushes, and I bought some paint brushes. I'll take a picture of my creation once I assemble it. This should be great fun. Joyce used to paint, and I did as well. Now that I've retired, I just don't have the time, and am not as organized as I once was.

That's about it for now. I am taking my camera, well not my new one. I took it on vacation, and have yet been able to find the damned thing. I just hope I can find it as it's got my vacation pictures on it. It's probably in the pig sty I call my closet.

Gotta run.... I've got to get dressed for my painting class.

No comments: