Monday, January 31, 2011

Facing Life.... One Day at a Time

We made it through another weekend. Gary didn't take Dad to iHop because it was too late to beat "the church crowd" when Dad finally got up. Gary did make it up to Dad by taking him to Black Eyed Pea for dinner. Dad went to bed at 7 pm last night. Here it is 3pm, and he's still not up. I did wake him up at 2 to make sure he was okay, but he went right back to sleep. Poor man, not sure how he keeps going.

Janice called to give me good news and some bad news as well. The good news first....
She thinks the entire Dad thing is taxing for Gary and me. That is correct, and I do appreciate he recognizing the fact. Thank you Janice.

Now, the bad news. She's coming down to help out. Great, just what Gary needs, one more person to take care of. Oh well. I am supposed to go with Angie and the two g-kids this weekend to Houston. The girls and I were planning on running around, just having fun with Janice and her g-kids, Bailee and Austin. Austin is 17, and Bailee is 2 weeks older than Chloe. We always have fun when the girls are together.

There is a cold front coming in this week, so I may not be able to go due to the weather. Also, Sheila is out of town, and she will be unable to host the Super Bowl Party. I'd have it at her house (like I did last year) but her TV is on the blink and won't be fixed until the Monday following the superbowl. So, I stepped up to the plate and volunteered to host it. Wow, I'm gonna have a busy weekend. Honestly, if it's very bad (weather) I won't go. Also, if Dad isn't feeling better, I again won't go.

The only other news that I have to blog about is the fact that we sold our lake front lot on Table Rock Lake. That's in Missouri, but most people have never heard of it. It's an extremely large lake, and over 200 feet deep in some places. Maybe you've heard of Branson, Missouri? Well, our lake lot is now in a city they call "West Branson".

That's it for now. Nothing else new and exciting to blog about.

No comments: