Got up this morning with grand plans to clean out my closet. You know, throw away all those clothes I haven't worn in three years. But first, coffee and newspaper time with hubby.
I do enjoy starting my day that way, so does Gary. Finished, then my next morning task.... Off to take a nice hot shower. Whoops, in comes Dad saying his leg has been "disconnected" from the hip to the shin. It's got no feeling. Called Dr. Moolamalla, then it's off to ER.
Three and a half hours later, the diagnosis is moderately severe brain atrophy, and nothing conclusive on the leg. That's good, cause Dad forgot about it. We came home, and Dad had me get the wheel chair, cause he was hurting again. I got him up the wee step to the porch, then had to get Gary. He got Dad into his recliner.
Dad wanted Stella to sit on his lap, but she refused to go anywhere near him. Dad got up, walked across the room (no limping or anything) picked up the dog and carried her back to his chair.
The doctor said not to be surprised if it went away, or if it stayed for a while. He did say after 3 days, if it still bothered him, to take him to our primary care.
At least I have a plan. That's all my excitement for today. Aren't you envious? Yeah, right
I do enjoy starting my day that way, so does Gary. Finished, then my next morning task.... Off to take a nice hot shower. Whoops, in comes Dad saying his leg has been "disconnected" from the hip to the shin. It's got no feeling. Called Dr. Moolamalla, then it's off to ER.
Three and a half hours later, the diagnosis is moderately severe brain atrophy, and nothing conclusive on the leg. That's good, cause Dad forgot about it. We came home, and Dad had me get the wheel chair, cause he was hurting again. I got him up the wee step to the porch, then had to get Gary. He got Dad into his recliner.
Dad wanted Stella to sit on his lap, but she refused to go anywhere near him. Dad got up, walked across the room (no limping or anything) picked up the dog and carried her back to his chair.
The doctor said not to be surprised if it went away, or if it stayed for a while. He did say after 3 days, if it still bothered him, to take him to our primary care.
At least I have a plan. That's all my excitement for today. Aren't you envious? Yeah, right

No comments:
Post a Comment