Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm Ready To Party

I have spent the entire week working on getting the RV equipped. Gary is going to die, or kill me, when he sees how much money I've spent. I just don't bring stuff in until he's walking the dog or at Lowe's. It's just easier that way. I have purchased more storage tubs than all of you all put together. I also had to have new dishes.... I wanted melamine. Can you believe they still make that stuff? Well, I saw it, but liked Correll better, so I got the Correll Durable. It's still glass, but is suppossed to be break resistant. I also had to have new drinking glasses. Oh, Sheila..... I did put the plastic flamingo wine glasses out there. i've lost one in all my give away attempts, but five is plenty. Today, Gary and I sanitized the water system. We don't know if it was ever used, but we decided we wanted to make sure we knew how clean it was. The manual had a procedure on how to do it, so he and I actually worked as a team and got it done. We didn't fill it back up, just enough to have a little in it. It advised to NOT travel with full water tanks or black water (sewage from the toilet) or grey water (from the sinks and shower). It will kill your gas mileage. Water is heavy, and I'm sure poop and pee are also. Anyway, we also changed the water filter. It has a complete system water filter, which Gary had to drive all the way to Denton to get a replacement. They only need to be replaced once a year, depending on usage. I've stocked up on toilet paper, paper plates, and plastic glasses from Sam's. Now, we're almost ready for our first trip. Gary has decided we need to go to Yellowstone. It will be Eric, Angie, the girls, Gary and me. Wow, for a week, together...... I wonder if I'll be able to be with Gary that long. Hmmmm time will tell. Angie and Gary are making all the plans. Angie is planning the menus. We will leave the 8th of August, We are going to rent a car once we get there. That way, we can drive around and see everything. We're going to be in Yellowstore for 5 days, then we head to Teton Nation Park, if I understand correctly. The girls are really excited. I'm no positive, but I think Gary is still enthused. Just wait til he has to fill the tank up twice, then we'll see how he feels. I cring to think about it. It holds 55 gallons of gas. I just hope gas is as cheap there as it is here. I sent an invitation to the crew to come over for an open house tomorrow night. I've cleaned house, Gary did the vacuum for me, and all I need to do tomorrow is mop the floors with the steam mop. It starts at 6. I'm having snacks and drinks. I did tell everyone I was going to register at Walmart for toilet paper, but that was supposed to be a joke. That darned RV toilet paper is expensive, and only ONE ply. GASP! Who knew they still made it. That's it for now. I'll have my camera in hand for tomorrow night. I'll have pictures to post. You all have a good one!

No comments: