We did manage to go to the Richardson Fireworks Festivites at Breckenridge part. We got there in spite of the big disagreement Gary and I had. Well, he is deaf in one ear, and has problems listening to me in the other. As we approached the shuttle location, there were buses in the far right lane, we were in the middle lane, and the left lane was empty. I say a policewoman directing traffic into the parking lot, and told Gary to turn right where the police lady was. Of course, I got no response, so I said it again. Still no response. As we drove past I again said (well, maybe it was a small screaming tone I used) why the &^$*% didn't you turn at the police lady like I said. His answer? I never saw her. I was looking for her. SIGH! What makes it bad, there is now way to turn around, cause the police are blocking all turn locations to prevent it.
Ok, Angie and Eric both asked me to settle down. Eric told Gary to take the next right into the church parking lot that just happens to be the church they faithfully attend. Gary turns as requested, while I fume. Eric says stay in this lane and go all the way to the end and take the gravel road that goes into the field. Gary turns right again (ignoring Eric) and goes to the end and stops and says.... "What road?" Angie giggles, Eric had to prove he was right, and told Gary verbatim his previous statement, then told him how to get there from where he was. Gary goes left, stops and says now what? Ok, you get the idea. Eric is raising his tone slightly, and I am finally able to laugh, in a perverted way, at the humor in it all.
Ok, we finally take the gravel road thru the field, and arrive at the correct parking lot. We're about 2 city blocks from the bus loading area, and Gary decided to park in the first spot he sees. I told him to find one closer. Oh, he heard me, cause he asked me how I knew there was one closer, and exactly where it was. WHAT????? I said in a slightly louder voice that I didn't know, but surely there was one there. Again, he's parking, and now I say in my slightly screaming voice....." who gives a shit? Take me to the buses!" and it was at that moment that Angie intervened. She had about as much luck reasoning with him as I did. She was slightly scraming now, and insisted he go. Sure enough, there were handicapped parking spots right next to the buses. I could now officially say I TOLD YOU SO. But you all know how I would never rub it in.
Ok, if you've never lived with a semi-deaf person, you cannot understand my frustation. I'll change the subject.
First thing we did was get super seats. Then, Gary went and bought everyone some Ben and Gerry's ice cream. He selected chocolate for me and Mogan and cookies and cream for Chloe and Angie. Angie took a bite then let Eric have a bite, then they gave theirs to Chloe. Here are a few pictures of things going on, and remember, it's free.
Recognize the two front chairs? This is our location, at the top of the lawn area.
The sunset was normal, well except for the blue streak. It showed up in every picture we took, and with more than one camera. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it.
Just call this man EARS!
Give Angie glow sticks and she can entertain all of us.
This is me playing with glow sticks. Makes a really cool effect taking a picture of Morgan.
I dedicate this to Sheila.
And this final picture..... I dedicate to all the Walmart people that were in front of us in the shuttle bus line.
All in all, it was a good evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment