Ok, I just posted my July 4th celebration update, with tons of pictures. No, you're not losing your mind, I just wanted to post it separate. And yes, I know the date would be Thurdsay the 5th. Just want to keep everyone on their toes.
I forgot to blog about it, but Angie was dog and cat sitting for my step-daughter Melissa. During the fireworks, the dog managed to get out of the house, yard, and neighborhood. She was found on Geo. Bush Tollway, about 3 miles from the house. Melissa has her phone number on the dogs collar, so they called her (she's at the lake for the weekend) and upset her, who in turn called Angie and upset her, who called the person and managed to upset her. The lady that found her was wanting to go to work. We were stuck in the shuttle line behind the Walmart lady and couldn't get there fast enough to keep her from being late to work. Oh well, we tried. Dog and her owner, Melissa, were reunited a day later. I doubt she'll ask Angie to dog sit during fireworks again.
Thursday I took Dawn to her chemo session. I noticed on the way to her house that I was in dire need of gas, and the Tom Thumb on the corner had it at $3.09 a gallon. Note to self, get gas after getting Dawn to Chemo. They keep that place so cold.... I stayed the first hour, then left, promising I'd return at their stipulated time..... 11:15. I went to Race Track to get gas cause it was on the way home, and they wanted $3.17 a gallon. They usually beat Tom Thumb, so I waited. My car takes 23 gallons, so that's almost $1.90, and we all know how I like to save money. Went home for a while, then went back to get Dawn. Got there at 11:15, and they weren't finished. It was too cold to stay inside, so I waited in the car. It got really hot, but it was better than freezing inside. Dawn came out at 12:15. I dropped her off at home, then headed for Tom Thumb to get gas,. DAMN. It was now $3.19. Pissed, I drove home on fumes.
Decided to go to the grocery store on the way home, called Gary and got a list of items he wanted. Got to Sam's and gas there was $3.05. I was on cloud nine. I filled up, and it took 22 gallons. Man, I was rolling in the dough now. Went inside, and decided to reward myself and bought two 20 inch 14kt gold necklace chains. I haven't seen them so cheap for ages. I was only going to buy one, but because of the price, I asked if they had more. They said they didn't think so, because they weren't carrying them any more, the one on display was found in a mislabeled box. I insisted they check again, and they found me a second one. Good things happen to good people. Then every now and then, they happen to ass holes like me!
That was my excitement for Thursday. Here's food for thought.....
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment