Friday, July 27, 2012

We're proud parents!

Yesterday, I realized we were parents again.  How did I know?  The damned wren won't quit chirping at it's babies.  I have a penis plant (Angie calls it a urinal plant), that I nurture with loving care.... watering it every morning in the heat to keep it alive.  Last week, I was attacked by a wren when I tried watering it.  Well, attacked is too strong a word.  It actually flew smack dab into my chest.  Scared the crap out of me, I must admit.  When I went in and told Gary, he said the same thing happened to him a few days ago.

 This is the hanging basket.
T
 See the "appendage" hanging from the plant?  That is why I call it a penis plant, because it has an appendage.  Angie says it looks like a men's urinal device that they dispense to men when they're in the hospital.  Actually, the plant is a carnivore.  It attracts flying insects and bugs into the urinal looking appendage, then it eats them.  It's really pretty cool.  There were several appendages earlier in the spring, but the hot weather has done all of them in except this one. 
Well, evidently the little birds can swim, cause the eggs hatched, and they can sing.  I just wish they wouldn't start singing at 5 am in the morning.  This is where they are, behind the dead leaves at the bottom.  I was pushing my luck to get the shot above.  I really don't want to scare them, and I also didn't want the mama to see me that close to the nest. 

My life is sort of pathetic if I'm resorting to blogging about baby birds.  However, I have been doing PT.  I've almost completed my allotted treatments, so I'm easing out of regular exercises, and today was my first Pilates work out.  GROAN!  I couldn't do all of them like I should, but I did pretty well.  I could do some of each one.  I have realized that I have NO stomach muscles at all.  Billy (one of the therapist there) said, "Keep it up Connie, you'll get a sic pack!"  I immediately told him I didn't need a six pack, I had a keg.  There was a guy exercising on the table next to me, and he was trying so hard not to laugh, but finally he couldn't hold himself back anymore.  Yup.... they all know me well.

After PT, I went to Walmart.  I have been all over the place.  Yesterday I went to a Walmart in Plano by Geo. Bush Tollway and Coit Road, and another one in Plano at Spring Creek Parkway and 75, and one in Allen off of 75.  Then I went to Cabela's again in Fairview, and also Dicks Sporting Goods.  I continue to buy crap for the RV.  I'm going to have to quit before long, because we leave around the 8th of August.  I also return a lot of stuff.  I figure if I'm going to need something, I might as well buy it now.  Gary is putting up with it now, and he might not like it if I keep doing it. 

He went to Lowe's today to buy something for the RV.  Get this..... he is going to buy me a tool kit for the RV.  Most of you have never seen my garage.  WELCOME TO MY WORLD......




Now, if you're really super bored, you are more than welcome to try and count the tool boxes.  Below is mhy favorite.  It's his favorite tool box.  Why?  Cause he can see what's in it. 
I think what really happens is, Gary needs a tool, and goes to find it.  He gets over-whelmed looking for it, and just goes and buys another one.  Then, in a fit of rage the next time he can't fine a tool, he buys a new tool box and puts things he sees in it.  But... he still hasn't found the tool he was looking for, so he again buys another tool box.  Don's even get me started on electric saws, electric drills, or batteries for those tools. 

As for me..... my only vice is kitchen stuff.  I'll leave it at that. 

I just thought about something.  I have a friend that sent me a picture of the perfect RV for a senior.  I think when I turn 65, I just might sell the one I just bought and get one like she saw.  Let me know what you think......




Well, that's it for now.  I guess I'll go start the Weber and grill some steaks for dinner. 

No comments: