Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Alone

Today Chloe left for her week away from home camp.  I opted not to go with Gary and Angie's clan to take her.  I stayed home A L O N E.  It was great, for the most part.  I spent the morning working on my new diet plan and equipment.  I had to figure out how to enter food eaten, exercising done, etc..  I had a few bumps, like loading the wrong app for my phone, but are you ready for this?  They actually had 2 people available for me to work with.  My device is made by Bodymedia, but the Exerspy version is for use only with Dotfit programming.  Just like smart phones.  Anyway, I finally can get around okay.  I don't know if all this will help me lose weight, but it sure means my neighbor can monitor my life from her PC.  Oh well.

The rest of the family went fishing at Eisenhower State Park before Chloe went to camp.  Then again after Chloe was dropped off.  They got home around 6pm.  Gary was pretty excited, cause he caught his very first ever stripped bass.  He also got sunburned feet.  He'll regret that, for sure.

Gary's brother and wife, Loyd and Susan, dropped by this afternoon.  He is director of the construction department for Cinemark.  He turned 64 in May.  He started at Cinemark for Leroy.  Leroy was very nice to Loyd when he sold Cinemark for a billion dollars.... he made Loyd a millionaire.  He gave Loyd enough money that he cleared a million after taxes.  Pretty cool.  Anyway, Loyd has made it know that he's going to retire at 65.  Cinemark is getting ready to reorganize again, and Loyd has decided he doesn't want to do it again.  He's been through several, and has decided to quit after next week.  I asked if he was training his replacement, and he said there wasn't time to get one.  Guess it was a spur of the moment thing.  Anyway, Leroy told Loyd to contact him after he retired.  Leroy is probably going to start something new again.

I also took Stella for a walk today since Gary wasn't here to do it.  I got 3 miles in, but it took 1 hour,  Stella is NOT a quick pooper.  She also got in the creek, and she doesn't come out til she's good and ready.  Gary and Angie checked out the dockominiums at Texoma Lake.  They have a new type now, they're floating.  Check out this URL......

http://www.dfwresort.com/harbor-village-marina-vacation-resort-floating-homes-yachts-boats-deep-water-harbor-texas.html

I haven't see them anywhere else.  I think they'd be neat, but it looks like they plan on building them side by side out into the lake, like a dock system.  It might get a little choppy if you were the last house on the dock.

That's it for now.  I am still planning (sort of) a surprise destination trip Wednesday.  I am afraid if I announce it, it will not happen.  Gary, Angie, Morgan and me.  That should be fun.  Of course, if we go, we'll take fishing equipment.  Morgan now carries her own fish scale (as in a weighing system) in case she gets a chance to drop a hook in the water. 

Later.......

No comments: