Monday, July 16, 2012

RV TIME

OK, I have been very busy. I spent Thurday getting supplies purchased for the new RV. You know, things I am pretty sure whould save us in case the end of the world comes. Toilet paper that's special for RV's, cleaning supplies, cooking tools, etc.. Insurance..... Gary was NOT with me. Friday was pretty much the same thing. We've had State Farm insurance for over 20 years with the same agent. I worked with him all day Thursday, and finally they had all the info they said they needed to insure the RV. They never called back, and never called back, finally at 4:55 (they close at 5 and are NOT open weekends) I called an agent near me and she agreed to stay open late and help me. See, it's not like adding another car to an existing policy. RC's are like house insurance. It's one policy for each RV. The new agent stayed late enough to get me insured and I so appreciated it. You see, they work on commission. I got hope about 6pm, and had a message from my insurer. They would make sure they had something in place first thing Monday. I called back and left them a message that said forget it. I'm moving my business elsewhere. Would you believe they called me late Friday night and apologized... yada yada..... See, if Ihad driven it off the lot with NO insurance, it would have cost me a fortune to be in a wreck, whether I caused it or not.... no insurance for anything. Anyway, long story short, I told him he would have to take it up with Gary, I was moving all my stuff away. Saturday, Morgan, Gary and I headed off at 10:30 for Fr. Worth. We got there, and they assigned an RV Trainer to us. He was ours for as long as we needed him. He showed us how everything worked. Then, he let us play for a while by ourselves. Then he came back and checked on us. We graduated RV Training school with flying colors. Morgan had a ball. They had both TV's going. After about 5 hours, we decided we'd done about everything we could. We went in to pay them, and left Morgan at the RV park locked in the trailer. About an hour later, we came out only to find Morgan had filled up my camera with pictures and video of the new RV. She'd emailed everyone she knew. She'd also called everyone and talked "live" from the rV. What a hoot. We left there, and headed straight for Whataburger. Got our food, and got home aorund 5. I got a parking permit to leave it in the drive for 7 days (long Richardson story due to city ordinances). There is one flaw to Richardson's policy. If you sign up for the parking permit, it doesn't matter if it's 7 days or 7 minutes, it counts as 7 days. Naturally, we'd been home a very short time when the storm came in. Angie was in Frisco when it rolled in, so she called us and we tried to get to the storage space. We got as far as the Dart Parking station under Bush Tollway and 75. We sat the bad part out there, then drove to the storage place. Of course, that was it for the rest of the night. I went over Sunday and drove it home. My first time driving it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I also got on the freeway with it. Oh, I also backed it out of storage. The back up camera helps. I don't have the sideview cameras yet, they are a feature of the 2012 only, so they're on order. Anyway, Morgan and I worked on it yesterday for a while. We're running it off of our house AC. That's got to be cheaper than running the generator. I am going to get it filled up and see what actually costs what to run. I am curious about the generator when running it alone. Themn there's the fridge and hot water heater. I have not turned on the hot water heater yet. I will do that soon. I have also been spending lots of money getting stuff. Example.... I got a windshield cover that goes on the outside, it's custom made for a Ford 450 Class C. It has built in window screens if needed, and mirror cutouts, and a security strap that closes in the door. It's also a 100% privacy cover. It has magnets to keep it in place. It's really neat. Are you sitting down? Gary actually is starting to like it. Don't ask him about it, he's yet to admit it, but the girls are CRAZY about it. They want him to go on a vacation with us in it. He's looking up info on Yellowstone. Remember, it has to be HIS idea. What a joke! I am so sore it's pathetic. Going up and down the steps is killing me. I did have PT today, but not sure that's going to help. That's all that's been going on here. I also went shopping again today for more stuff. I still need to get dishes and pots and pans. I have checked the fridge, and it got down to 13 degrees, which is plenty cold enough. It takes a while to get it there, cause it has to do so much cooling off after it's been in storage. We're going to sterilize the fresh water holding tank, and replace the system water filter before we go on our first trip. The toile also works well. Even the bidet is working. It drives fine. The other mechanics are working. The only bad thing I've found is that the rear living area doesn't get as cool as I'd want. It's the last leg of the AC vents, and I'm going to need to add a fan to make it more plesant. We've already decided on who has which beds. Gary and I will sleep in the back living area, and Angie, Eric and the girls will sleep up front. Gary and I will use the bed in the ceiling. I can't explain it to well, you'll just have to come visit and try it. That's it for now. I'm going to see if I can get Gary to take me out for dinner. I am also going to have an open house next Friday night. Keep that date open. I'll email a quick note in a day or so. Later......and I apologize.... no spell checking or grammar checks were done.

No comments: