Yup, Saturday sucks at my house. I have cleaned on my bedroom all day. Not continuously, of course, so it's still not done. I have gotten distracted by the loud noise from the pig farm, Stella refusing to walk without Gary unless I go along, phone calls from Janice planning my Galveston trip, calls from Angie concerning my Galveston trip, and explaining to Gary that I've told him a million times I'm going on a trip to Galveston. I swear, I need to get Stella to speak human so she can confirm my discussions with Gary about my plans.
I have had the most gawd-awful week. I am still attempting to be gluten free, and now I believe I've proved I'm lactose intolerant. WTF? I now know that any ice cream makes me ill, and some cheeses. Which cheeses, you may ask? Only the ones I've tried. Damn it all to hell. This has gotten old. I went to happy hour at my neighbors house on Tuesday. I was so sick Wed. and the rest of the week, I thought I was going to have to give up wine. Throwing up, the whole 9 yards. Turns out, my neighbor feels bad as well. She thinks we have West Nile Virus. I would never be so lucky..... that's treatable.
Anyway, the doctor also called. She had me NOT keep my appointment with her. She wanted me to start doing glucose readings. Well, I have found that if I eat a gluten free brownie, I get nauseated and my blood sugar soars 2 hours after I eat it, then about 10 hours later (slept after that and didn't eat anything else cause I was still nauseated from the brownie) it drops too low. Between that and my blood pressure not staying consistent (too low but too high without meds), I have had a sucking bad week. (You can change the s to and f if you like. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, it doesn't matter.)
I did get some good news. They have my RV ready. I could have picked it up today, but the manager wanted me to wait till he could be there. I'm not sure why, but I didn't need it anyway. So, Monday, I'll go pick it up. Then I'll pack it for my Galveston (hello Gary???) on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday, I'll also pack for my Glen Rose golf outing with Sheila and the AT&T bunch. That runs from Thursday til Sunday night, and then I leave for a week in Galveston, camping on the beach. My sister Janice will have her travel trailer next to mine. Then on the weekend, all my family and her grand kids from Colorado will converge on the camping grounds to celebrate birthdays. This should be fun. Morgan is turning 10, I think. Gary and I are getting her an iPad for her birthday. She wanted that or a XBOX 360, which I didn't want to buy. She never uses the Wii she had to have. However, I know for sure she loves playing on the iPad her Dad owns.
Tomorrow I guess I'll go on line and buy myself the new iPhone 5. Chloe's iPhone got stolen, so I will give her my old one. Well, that's Angie's plan so far. I need to buy Gary an iPad for his birthday, then hope he'll let me borrow it.
That's about all that's happened here. I am still gluten free, and that part appears to have cleared up most of my stomach issues I've had for the last 7 years. I'm hoping if I give up a few more cheeses I'll be good to go. Then I'll work on the blood sugar and pressure problems. To be honest, the doctor has me doing testing for a week or so, then going back to see her with the results. Needless to say, I'm still loosing weight. YEE HAW! At least something nice is coming from this crap.
Later......
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment