Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Count Down Begins

Yup, it's almost that time. 


No, I KNOW it's not New Year's Eve.  However, in just two days, Sheila and I will put it on the line..... our golfing reputation, that is.  We will play in the DAC Golf Tournament.  We each paid in excess of $300 to enter this tournament.  Maybe drugs were involved, but WTF?????? were we thinking?



Sheila had a premonition of this event happening years ago, and then, at the time, made me the above birthday cake.  She explained that she had a vision one night, and this cake came into her dream. (Maybe she said nightmare, but I am pretty sure she said dream) She then created it for my birthday.  Now, at the time, we didn't know what DAC meant, so it really wasn't that big a deal.  Yeah, drugs MUST have been involved.  When we were notified of the "2012 DAC Golf Tournament", suddenly our life's meaning became clear.  We were destined to play in this tournament.

So, a few months ago, Karma caused us to embark on a rigorous training regimen.  Sheila had all her warts and extra appendages removed, had some skin relocated, went on a diet, and traveled.  Me?  I dieted, bought the RV and traveled also.  Did we lift a club and practice in the two months before?  No, but it was part of our plan.  We wanted to save our strength for the big two day tournament.  We waited until exactly 7 days before the tournament was scheduled to begin, then we finally go out and played a game of golf.  (See previous post)  We are making a valiant effort to save all our good shots for the tournament, and so far, we've been able to do that.  This weekend, we swam and played pool to get in golfing shape.  Yesterday, I hit about 1/3 a bucket of balls, cause I secretly want to do better than Sheila.   (When I got two straight shots in a row, I quit.) Yup, we're in training full speed for the tournament.

Today, we're resting in preparation for our second practice round tomorrow,  I think we've pretty much got everything under control.  I was going to be like Sheila is probably doing today, and do nothing, but Gary seems to have other plans for me.  I "think" he wants me to clean house.  Hmmmmmm.... me thinks even practicing golf would be more fun. 

September is a very busy month for me.  I have the DAC this week, then the couples tournament next week, then Glen Rose with AT&T the next week, then a trip to Galveston in the RV the week after that.  Gosh..... I hope I live to see my 64th birthday.  If not, then I'm attempting to be in motion when I die.

I will attempt to post daily to keep everyone up to date on Sheila and my quest to capture the title of DAC Queens. 

No comments: