Sunday, September 16, 2012

Some Sunday For Sure

Wow, what a night I had.  I decided to sleep on the couch last night.  I had RV stuff sorted in the bedroom, clean clothes, winter clothes, on and on, all over the bedroom.  I just waited too late to go to bed, and didn't want to mess with it.  Neither did Gary.  He got one couch, then Stella and I got the other.  She got up in the middle of the night and moved to a chair.  She came back several times.  I think the couch is just too little for the two of us.

I got up around 5am because Gary kept going outside.  He had been awake since 3am and couldn't sleep, so he wanted the paper.  It's usually here by 4am, but of course since he wanted it, it was late.  It got here around 6am.  I made coffee, he read the comics, and he went back to bed.  Not me.  I made myself an omelet for breakfast.  I got sleepy around 11, so I laid down for a nap.  Angie came over at noon and woke me up.  Then we went grocery shopping.

First stop... Trader Joe's.  That place was busy.  They have a ton of ready made things, and their own brands, but I was not THAT impressed with it.  I did buy some of my beloved prosecco sparkling wine, two expensive bottles, then two of their brand, which were only $8 each.  We'll see if it's worth the line to get it.  Then we headed for Whole Foods.

Today was grilling on the patio with a live trio of musicians.  I ate one vegetable kabob, Angie had a couple of bites of the one I didn't eat, and Chloe had a burger.  Then we went in and shopped every aisle.  I got a couple of hundred dollars worth of gluten free stuff.  I got soooo hungry.... wished I'd eaten the other kabob.  Anyway, I ate a few Rice Cream Dots on the way to Sprouts.  We have decided that Sprouts is the best of the three.  They cannot be beat on fresh produce or price of their produce.  They also have a very extensive gluten free selection.  From now on, I'll go to Sprouts for those types of items.  I'm all set to bake some bread. 

Angie also found me a fresh made gluten free pizza that Sprouts makes on site.  I got one, it is only sauce and cheese.  I have a basil plant, so I came home, we unloaded groceries, and I made myself a Pizza Margherite.  It was so delicious.  The only thing was, the crust was soft.  But, it tasted delicious.   I ended up eating just over half of it.  Angie worked on my computer, then she went home.  I started getting that queasy, nauseated feeling I've been getting lately, so I went in and took my blood pressure.  It wasn't too high, so I took my blood sugar.  It was 146.  That's probably too high.

Anyway, I got on the Internet and researched how to get your blood sugar down rapidly.  It said to drink 2 8oz glasses of water, to wait about 5 minutes and drink another glass.  Then to do exercise.  Gary and I went on a 30 minute walk, uphill for part of it, at a fairly good clip.  Came home, and sure enough, it was down to 96.  I was really impressed with myself.  Guess I'll follow up with the doctor tomorrow and see if she thinks I've tested long enough.  She wanted a weeks data.  I also need to get ready for Glen Rose, so if she wants to see me, I need to go before Thursday.  After that, I'm gone for 2 weeks, about.

I guess I'll close for now.  I know I'm screwed up, cause I just get past that, and now I'm starving again.  I will eat something other than carbs, that's for sure.  Later...... oh, I apologize.  I didn't proof read this. 

No comments: