Wednesday, September 5, 2012

THE COUNT DOWN CONTINUES

That sucker is dropping faster than faster than Anthony Weiner’s pants in an AOL chat room.  Yup, tomorrow is the day.  Sheila and I did play a practice round today.  We played with Margie and Paula, who are playing as a team.  We got to the course nice and early, and the three of them pigged out on Gluten!  Right, I couldn't partake of the pastries they had set up for the continental breakfast.  Anyway, Paula and Margie go to the practice range and pound ball after ball after ball.  Sheila and I, sticking to our routine of not over doing anything lest we ruin our training program, saunter over and watch for a minute.  We thought, what the hell, and each hit about 5 balls.  Yup... we stuck to our game plan.  We tee off!

 Thank Gawd Sheila was paying attention.  I forgot to get the ball in front of my club.  Whew!
 I think Margie was trying to steal some shot ideas from me.
 OK, we muddle along, and came upon this beautiful hole.  Par 3, but the lakes, bridge.... just breath taking.

First up... Sheila
 She was a little right.  Then came Margie.
 She was a little left.  Then came Paula.
 She was a little short.  Then came Paula.
 She was a little less short.  Then came Connie.
 She went Wee-Wee-Wee.... all the way to par.  Yea-ha!  Well, that little victory was short lived.  Wait... I actually made 2 pars back to back.  I'm thinking they were the only two all day.  I ended up shooting 52 on the front 9, Sheila shot 51.  Back nine, I shot 52 , Sheila shot 41.  Now that, my friends, is the difference in a good player, and a consistent player.  Hey... it's hard to save some good shots for the real tournament.   Most people aren't up to that challenge, but I covered it pretty well. 

I had so much trouble doing it, that on this particular hole, I shot my first put close to the hole, picked it up, and sat my fat butt in the cart to rest.



At least I took pictures of the rest of them.

Honestly, I was pooped the last 3 or 4 holes.  The rough there is almost as bad as it was last week on the Bridges.  I don't know for sure what the others shot but Sheila was right here with her 93, and I was not entirely unhappy with my 104.  Tomorrow will be like Christmas.  We won't know what we have in store for us tomorrow.  I just hope it's not a lump of coal.  We are playing a scramble tomorrow, so it should go fairly well for Sheila,.  She can carry me.

We headed in to eat our lunch.  Woops..... all they had were sandwiches.  It's a private club, so they do hot handle money or credit cards.  Oh well, me, Miss Gluten Free 2012 could afford to miss a few meals.  Nope, nothing do.  The lady running the tournament bought my lunch.  Was that nice or what?  I did ask if I could make a donation to their golf league.  Nope, I was a guest of theirs.  Could I at least leave a tip?  Yes, that would be fine.  So, I left my tip.  I was escorted to the dining room (not where the "regular" peons have to eat) and introduced to the staff.  They welcomed me, and told me to eat anything I wanted from their buffet.  GREAT!  Got there, and the gluten free items were lacking.  I ate a salad.... vinegar and oil dressing wasn't there, so I went with blue cheese (not Ranch, honey mustard. etc).  Then I looked, and the only thing I knew for sure (I passed the fried chicken or steak.... couldn't tell which and roast in gravy) and had white rice and poblano soup.  That should be safe.  The other 3 gals were seated with me in the dining room.  Margie remarked something about my soup.  DUH!  What did they thicken it with or something like that.... she asked.  Cornstarch?  Crap!

Oh well, already done.  Off we go to spend our $100 proshop money.  They have sunglasses, clothes, balls, shoes, on and on, and we get any of it at a reduced price.  My tummy starts complaining.  Finally, we head for home.  We all agreed that I'd drive back this evening to the dinner and hop.  They'll announce flights, etc..  I came home, tried to nap, and couldn't.  Then I went to the doctor to get lab work done.  After that, a quick trip to Tom Thumb Grocery. 

STOMACH IS PISSED ABOUT SOMETHING.  MY LEGS ARE CRAMPING.  MY HEAD HURTS. 

I have no idea what's going on.  I decided I will NOT go to the evening party.  I pass off driving duties to Margie.  I start drinking lots of water.  I'll say this right now.  I do not know if it was the food, or maybe lack of water.  I did make a great effort to continually drink water all day.  I could be just dehydrated.  I bought some g2 for tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes. 

Here it is, 9pm, and I'm getting ready to go to bed.  I want to get up really early and clean all the crap I bought at Tom Thumbs out of my car.  I didn't feel like carrying it in, and didn't want to ask Gary (that way he never knows what I'm buying).  It's time for pain pills and hopefully a good nights sleep.  Just hope I'm not sore tomorrow. 

Gawd.... isn't golf a fun game?

No comments: