Friday, September 28, 2012

Technology Sucks

I've been having trouble accessing the internet from Dellanera RV Park, so today I got soooo angry I decided to research it.  For some reason, when I go see all updates that have been applied to the conputer, it only shows Adobe and MS product updates.  I could get to the Dellanera's router, and get to the internet, but everything I tried to open failed.  I just deleted AVG and that fixed the problem.  I have decided to walk on the wild side and post without any virus protection.  Here goes.

Tuesday, we hung around and did nothing all day.  I was tired, and Janice was also.  We did meet out neighbors, Raymond and Sonya.  They are originally from Greenville Tenn., but currently reside in Ft. Worth.  He has a fence repair business, and she recently got laid off from Mororola, after 19 years.  They have been married about 3 or 4 years, I think, and have two dog-children.... Jax and Stormy.  Jax is a Jack Russell Terrier, and Stormy is a STORM, to say the least.  They are so much fun, even if they are not near our age.

Wednesday, I went to Walmart for supplies.  Mainly, ant killer.  They are just like the ones from Sheila's deck.  Impossible to kill, orange (though I haven't seen the big black eyes), and they can really bite!  I also got Janice some Dos XX beer.  They don't have any GF beer at this Walmart.  So far, I've grilled steak, chicken, and pork chops. 

Our neighbor asked us to baby sit their two dogs. Just keep an eye on them, as they were going fishing for a couple of hours. They gave me a key to their trailer in case of emergency. 5 hours of constant barking became an emergency to me. I tried to open the door to take them for a walk, and they almost bit my head off. I went and got Janice. She opened the door, and I pushed her into the trailer. They didn't bite her, but I had to chase one dog all over to get a leash on it. They were still attempting to bite our heads off, when we got them outside. I had the small yapper, and Janice had the larger Jack Russell. Off we go for a walk in the dark. After about 2 minutes of walking, they settled down. We took them to my back yard and tied them to the grill and I went over to clean up the trailer. It appeared they'd peed all over the table.
I just finished cleaning and locking up the trailer when the owners came home. Yada yada... long story shot, it was not a big deal that we went in. They were just surprised the dogs would pee on everything. Well, that turned out to be a new roof problem..... evidently they have a hole in the ceiling and the air conditioner started draining on their kitchen table. So much for me cleaning everything up. I thought it was dog pee. Janice had some beer, then I got out the wine. I had 1/2 a glass, and Janice had the rest of the bottle. Yup, I had to walk her home. Drunks are no fun when you're sober.

Our big excitement day was Thursday, yesterday.  We went to the gun range for my gun lesson.  I did okay.  He said excellent, but I thought that was just a flattery thing so I'd come back.  Janice said they never have told her that.  Hmmmm, maybe I have a new career in my future.... Connie G..... PAPER ASSASSIN.

Here is a pattern.  The majority of these holes that are NOT on the target (called a missed shot) are from the other side. We re-use everything.  I think this is from the GLOCK.


The following picture is from the other side of the pattern above.  I finally decided it was blurry, but I am definitely right eyed.  I also had problems with the grip.  I kept using a semi-putting grip.  That just doesn't work with a gun.  I couldn't figure out what to do with the left index finger.

 
I finished shooting the Glock, and decided to try shooting the scatter shot-gun.  I only fired it twice.  It DOES kick a bit.  I hit the target on my first two shots, and the instructor shot the last load.  His shot is the bottom shot.  Notice the tight grouping on my shots, which are the upper ones.  They were so tight, they ate thru the paper... BIG HOLE, and big atta-a-girl from the instructor.


 
Okay, gun training complete.  Off we went back to Galveston.  Janice's grand daughter Bailee came out Thursday after her school let out.  She lives in Friendswood, and she took Friday off because her Dad was going hunting with some clients.  His company pays him to entertain them.  Gabe (Janice's son) knows everyone, and is one great salesman.  He also has a very liberal expense account.  Janice's husband, Mike, brought her trailer down.  I had my entire trailer to myself.... well with Stella.  We went for a night stroll on the beach.  It looks like it's snowing, but it's actually sand.  Just a little breezy!
 








 This is a picture of Bailee.  She's two weeks older than Chloe.... 13 going on 30.

I gave Stella a bath (she's had about 10 since we've been here) and she was all fluffy from being blow dried.

Here is a picture of a sea cucumber.  I know.... a sea cucumber is actually an ocean dwelling thing that looks like a HUGE dog turd.  I have no idea what this really is.  It looks like a watermelon on the outside, but more like a squash on the inside.  Anyone recognize it?


 Bailee found one that is the size of a watermelon.  We are going to cut it open tomorrow when all the other kids are here. 

Here is a picture of a daytime moon.
 Another picture of it in real perspective. 
 Here is a picture of Stella and a pink Croc.  Who knew one would be lying on the beach sunning.....
 Janice took Stella for an evening stroll.
 Stella enjoying the beach.
 
 
Today, we've both been grocery shopping because everyone else will arrive.  Her grand kids, and my daughter, her family, and Gary.  The g-kids of hers from Colorado had their flight delayed by about 4 hours due to the rain and storms.  It's going to rain the rest of the weekend.  I planned accordingly, and we're having hot dogs tomorrow for our picnic lunch.  If it's not raining, I'll grill them.  If it's raining, I'll boil them in water like my Mom and Dad did when I was a kid.  Some chili, onions, cheese and Fritos, and I'll also have chili pies for left overs. 
 
Tonight I made nectarine salsa, and some fresh Pico de Gallo.  Janice will love the Pico, and I personally like it, but I also like nectarine salsa.  Sweet and hot.  Stella evidently dashed out the door when I took the trash to the dumpster.  I had been in here a while and finally missed her.  I thought I was going to croak.  It was dark out side, and she was no where to be found.  A neighbor took one direction, me the other.  That little turd had decided to go down to the beach just like last night.  She was down there staring out at the waves.  She was deep in thought when I found her.  I BAD DOG'd her all the way home.  I was soooo upset.  She's in time out the rest of the night. 
 
That's all that's been going on here.  Angie expects to arrive around midnight, and here it is 10 pm.  It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow and Sunday.  I'm sort of surprised they're all still coming, but we've agreed to make the most of it.  There will probably be a lot of Pass the Ace played.  Sorry there is nothing really exciting to type about.  Truth is, I'm glad there is nothing exciting to write about.;  I'm still tired, just haven't gotten rested up yet.,  Maybe I need two more weeks.....

No comments: