Of course, I can blog this now, and post it after the evening is over. Then I'll have some pictures to post.
Before I forget, yesterday was also Sue Silva's birthday. Happy Birthday Sue. I did put it on her face book page yesterday, but wanted to do it here as well. I am so glad she and Carlos have joined our social circle. He doesn't understand why he can't do girls trips with us if a beach or water is involved. Never got him to understand why he couldn't go with Joyce, Sheila and I to Mustang Island. What's bad, I'm not sure if Sue understood why we didn't take him. ha.... she just wanted a night out with her friends. Honestly, we all get along great, and I'm so glad. They do give 100% when it comes to participating in games or dinner parties. He cooks as much as she does, they just swap out during football season. Go figger....
Sheila, Margie and I were supposed to play golf today at Firewheel, but alas, it was raining this morning so we all canceled. I think everyone else did also. It's been a rather wet cool spring so far. I know, it's not officially spring yet, but hey, it is after Christmas. Spring Break is just a couple of weeks away, and I haven't decided where or what I'll do for it. I do sort of want to take a trip in the RV, but I'm not sure I'll have anyone other than me that will go. Hey, I could always use some quiet time. I may just do that.
I'm going to insert a golf rule....
LAW 3:
Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the
lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater
its attraction to water. Expensive clubs have been known to be partly made
with this most unusual natural alloy.
That's it for now. I'll insert the appropriate pictures later.
UPDATED FRIDAY:
Well, we had a great evening. Melissa, my step-daughter (Gary's oldest daughter) came over, then when Angie finally got here, we all went to Brio's for dinner. I broke down to Morgan's insistence, and ordered their filet steak with artichoke crust. We also had artichoke-spinach appetizers, and salads. Chloe ordered a chicken-spinach pasta (I know..... surprised me she'd try it), and Gary got a pork chop, and Melissa ordered a mushroom stuffed pasta dish. The four of us shared our meal with each other. That way, we could all try something different. Gary's was ok, but who wants to eat a pork chop with no seasoning? UGH! It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything I'd ever serve... just too bland. Melissa had a delicious pasta dish, cause the mushroom pasta was served with a white wine lobster sauce. Yummo! Chloe's dish was good. However, my steak was the best. It was a little undercooked for medium, and got blood on Chloe's plate. She was so upset, cause then she couldn't eat anything on that side of the plate. She traded for one that was a little more done (there are 3 2oz steaks per order). It comes with a dark champagne sauce. I would order it again. The artichoke crust? Well, it had some on top, but it was the steak that was soooo good, and the sauce also. It was not a cheap meal, but we all think we got our money's worth. I wish I'd taken pictures, but it was all I could do to keep Gary from singing happy birthday to Chloe.
Came home, and celebrated with the gifts and cup cakes.
Patiently waiting for everyone to get their cameras....
Melissa got Chloe clothes, which any teenager wants.
Gary had taken Chloe out to buy her new tennis racket, and it stayed in the store to get it strung. They don't get it til sometime today. However, she was happy with the tennis outfit she got to unwrap. Here she is in the cap.... even though it is backwards.
All said, I think I got her one of her favorite gifts..... the El Fenix gift package. Yes, she ate some immediately. Then, she announced she was leaving it here cause she is spending the night tonight.
I don't remember if it was Angie or Melissa that got her chocolates.... but Chloe counted them to make she she'd know if someone stole some. I think she's worried cause she ate the heel of her Mom's Valentines Shoe.
Blowing candles with Melissa.
Well, that was a lot of pictures for such a short party. It was a school night though. I got up early this morning and took Stella for a walk. It was a little on the cool side. Chloe and Gary are supposed to pick up her racket today then play some tennis, but it may be too cool. Right now it's 35 degrees, and considering it's 11:00 am, it is a little chilly. I'm sure if Chloe wants to play in the cold weather, Gary will play with her.
That's it for now. Nothing else to blog about.... it's been a little on the quiet side ever since Joyce went home. COME BACK JOYCE!

No comments:
Post a Comment