Monday, February 18, 2013

TOP GOLF ALLEN

Yesterday was a complete waste of a day,  however I did do something today.  I got up early and went to the store and bought groceries so I could make blue cheese / bacon burgers for dinner tonight.  Then, I picked up Chloe and Morgan and brought them over.  On Christmas morning, they unwrapped their new golf club sets.  Today, they actually unboxed them.  We got them all organized into the appropriate golf bags, grabbed Stella, and the four of us headed out for Top Golf in Allen. 

If you're not familiar with the place, it's a driving range, taken over the top.  It has outdoor seating in cabana type areas in some places, each having a fire pit... it also had dining tables and chairs in each hitting bay, and it is also dog friendly.  Hence, the girls insisted we take Stella.  Here is a picture of it taken at night.  I didn't take it, I got it off the internet.

Today, we requested the lowest level for two reasons.  One, it was windy, but mainly reason two, we had Stella.  We also asked for the one closest to the ends.  We got the second from the end, and it had an opening where Stella (she was on a dog leash) could go outside, if she wanted. 

We start.  It's been quite a while since the girls hit golf balls.  Morgan tried really hard, and it showed.  She can hit it in the air about half the time, but she does get a good roll.  Some of her balls were going 100 to 125 yards.  She was ecstatic.  Chloe didn't have quite as much success.  Maybe next time.

We also ate lunch there.  No alcohol today, I had diet soda.  We shared food.  We had chips with salsa and guacamole, burger sliders, french fries, and a sausage & pepperoni pizza.  The pizza was the best of everything..... and one of the best I've ever had.  It is made with a marinara sauce, and has fresh micro basil on it.  Not only delicious, but beautiful as well. 

I took a few shots with my iPhone.... the lighting just didn't cooperate.

 Morgan insisted on documenting our scores.  Chloe refused to let her take a picture of her score.... nuff said.



Yes, either Chloe or I held Stella at all times.  The music was too loud for her, and the sound of the "plunk" a club makes when it hits the ball scared her to death.  At least she quit shaking.  My shirt is the same color as Stella, so it's sort of hard to see her.






We got home around 2:30, and Gary was here.  I forgot to say, he had to get another root canal today.  He, like me, is having to get everything our previous dentist (Dr. Jack Seigrist of Las Colinas) did redone.  It is terrible pain and time wise, but the amount of money involved just pisses us both off.  Neither Seigrist nor the dentists we use now were cheap.... but spending so much money on teeth is VERY frustrating.  Anyway, he was feeling pretty good, so he and the girls went to the park and let Morgan fly a kite.

When they got tired of that, Gary took Chloe to play tennis.  Morgan couldn't go cause her racket was in her Mom's car.  Gary and I both agreed Morgan needed to rest a while.  She goes 1000 mph, then crashes.  She chilled out watching cartoons til Angie got off work and came over.  I then cooked burgers for all of us, and we ate when Eric got here.  The burgers were a success.

When finished, Gary, Morgan, Angie and Chloe all went and played some tennis.  Those two girls should sleep well tonight.  I know I will, and Gary is already snoozing.  Yup... we be gettin old!

My agenda tomorrow is just one doctor appointment... the rheumatologist that has me on Humira.  I just have to see him every 6 months.  Nothing much new to report.  I do wish I could go back on steroids.  The more active I become, the more my hip hurts.  At least my back isn't bugging me..... YET!

While I was selecting pictures to use in this post, I found this one. 

Left to right..me, Sheila then Margie.  The caption says it all.....


I'm going to post another golf law.....Have a good one!

LAW 2:
Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst
round ever. The probability of the latter increases with the number of
people you tell about the former.

No comments: