Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Little Train That Could

There is a children's story about a little train that thought he could do anything.  In reality, I don't remember the story.  But if it were my story, it would be that I tried everything.... and usually failed.  Even in Oklahoma.  I got the digital piano loaded, and got home with it without hitting any pot holes or bumps.  It worked all of 10 minutes, and quit.  DAMN!  DAMN!  DAMN!  It's a Yamaha Clavinova, so I'm presuming I can get it serviced.  What a pain in the arse!  Guess I'll look into that tomorrow.

I got home Friday night, around 5pm.  BTW, it take 1 hour and 5 minutes to drive from my house to the Choctaw Nation Casino.  That was NOT during rush hour traffic. 

I was tired from moving furniture and driving in rush hour traffic.  It was a mad house.... a SLOW madhouse, from McKinney to the HWY 5 and 121 exit on HWY 75.  No wrecks, but it was both north and south bound traffic crawling.  Just a heads up in case anyone named Coles is planning on going.  Make sure NOT to travel on a Friday evening, and NOT during rush hour.

Saturday, I was sort of depressed all day.  Family issues left over from cleaning out Mom's clothes.  I didn't do anything.  Chloe and Morgan called around noon and had Gary take them to the theater to see Shakespere.  Well, they bought tickets IN THE CHILDRENS SECTION, 3 rows from the stage, and as they were sitting down, an usher advised Gary that there were nude scenes.  Morgan and Gary and Chloe discussed it, and Morgan and Chloe were OK with covering their eyes.  However, Gary was then told it was a male nude scene.... they were out of there immediately.  They even got a refund.  They then went to the movies to see Wreck It Ralph.  I have no idea how good the show was, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot more fun for Gary than any nude scene would have been.  He almost died when he took Chloe to see Les Miserables, and they had a rape scene.  No nudity, but he almost died. 

According to the news, Canada is getting quite a bit of snow.  She had friends posting pictures of it, but I looked at her wall, and I can't see the pictures.  I will honestly take their word for it, but was just curious how bad it was.  I'm sure Joyce is staying in till it blows over, but haven't heard that officially.

I did talk to Gary T today.  He got a hole in one on #4 hole at Twin Lakes, in Canton.  Congratulations to Gary on making his first ever hole in one.  He was just enjoying a casual game, so he didn't win a skins, or anything like that.... but he now has bragging rights.  I tried to pull up a picture of the hole on the internet to post, but the course layout is not correct.  The scorecard picture stated it was 135 yards from the whites, and I'm presuming that is where he play from.... he used an ancient Adams 5 iron.  Old steel shaft.  I will see him tomorrow.... IF.... I go practice hitting balls.  I still need to get my info in, cause I'm wanting to rejoin the FGA next year so I can play in their tournaments.  It sure would help if I could once again hit the ball.  Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.

Really nothing much else going on.  I know Sheila had been busy running Dawn to the cancer doctors.  Nothing good to report there.  That's about it for now. 

WAIT... I need to post this.  GARY ACTUALLY CLEANED THE GUTTERS ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE HOUSE.  I should have taken pictures.... I was just afraid he'd see me and get mad.  It has taken months of asking.... well, maybe nagging.... OK!  I've been bitching about it for month, and he finally did some of it.  I am soooo happy.

That's it for now.

No comments: