Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snort Snort.... Ouch Ouch.....

Yup, the sinus issues are still with me.  I wish the weather would settle down.  Hence, snort snort.

The Ouch?  Well, in my infinite wisdom on what I should do to save money, I purchased 2 certificates for golf and cart at Firewheel Golf Course for only $20.  Great bargain.  However, who knew the weather would be so damned wet, cold, and windy the entire month of February.  Oh, did I tell you that the coupons expired Feb. 28th?

Ok, I convince Sheila that she needs to play more golf.  We couldn't play Monday, but we were both free Tuesday and Wednesday, and we decided we'd play those days on my coupons (she gets free golf) and then play with the FWGA and Margie and Gerry on Thursday.  I couldn't use a coupon on Thursday because they were playing a different course.

It was cold and super windy on Tuesday, but the two of us braved the elements to play golf.  I think she shot a 91, and I shot a 105.  Oh, don't even go there with my score.  Sheila didn't fare any better considering her handicap is about a 14 now.  Mine is up to a 19.  Oh well, we did have fun.

Wednesday, my last coupon was used but again it was cold and windy.  However, I stepped my game up, and put a lot of playing pressure on Sheila.  She crumbled like blue cheese in a salad shop.  I shot a 91, and she shot a 96.  Yup, she melted like last years Christmas candle.  I had a great time.  I slept like a baby last night, thinking of how well I was going to play today, Thursday.  Here's a picture of Sheila in the club house.


Once again, it was cold and windy.  It was more humid, so it was the type of cold that goes into the bone.  I started out like gang busters.  Sheila and I played in a foursome with Garry and Margie.  The first 8 holes we played, I shot a 43 and Sheila shot a 41, I had 12 putts and Sheila had 16.  That tells you a little bit about our games, no?  Anyway, after that my game fell apart.  I honest hit the wall.  I was exhausted.  I ended up shooting a 103 and Sheila shot a 91.  See, once I quit playing well, she played well.  She just cannot play under pressure any more.  Hopefully I'll get in better physical shape and whoop up on her really bad.  At the end of the day, we both lost $10 to Gerry and Margie.  I'll just say they are lucky.

We all know a girl that has a house that backs up to the golf course, named Marilyn.  Margie (we weren't aware of it at the time) called when we got close to her house and told her we were thirsty and cold.  She came out with Hershey chocolates, hot chocolate, and Kaluha.  Talk about a good friend!  The hot chocolate with Kaluha really hit the spot.  I don't think Sheila had any.  Now that I think about it, it was shortly after consuming the hot chocolate that I hit the wall. Naw, it couldn't have been the Kaluha.




This is a picture of a plan that Marilyn had hanging from her fence.  Well, maybe it belongs to David, her husband, but I personally think it is sort of gross looking.


Here's a picture of Margie (left) and Gerry.  Quite a pair !


After golf, we all went to Olive Garden, and Italian restaurant.  We all had a drink and some food, but Margie had to leave quickly, so we all shoveled our food and drink down quickly, and left.  It would have been more fun to linger, but it was not to be.  I came home and told Gary I was exhausted, and cold, and thought I'd soak in a hot bath.  He informed me that I have sensitive skin, so if I do that, to be sure I slather lots of lotion on afterwards.  WTF?  He's talking to me now like I'm a demented senior.  I almost died laughing, on the inside, of course.  It is true that I have extremely sensitive skin, but now he's reminding me that I need to put lotion on????  I ended up not soaking at all cause my skin is really too inflamed right now from spending 3 days in the cold wind.  I had to assure Gary that I had put on lotion every day before I went to play golf.  Never mind.... unless you know Gary really well, you just wouldn't understand.  Damn, I know him very well, and even I don't understand.

Enough about golf.  Sheila is working every Saturday (cept spring break week) until like April.  That means Mark is fending for himself for dinner.  Morgan decided to have Mark over for dinner this Saturday night and and then we'll all play pass the Ace and maybe some Wii games.  She changes her mind from one minute to the next, but the last I heard, she's grilling steak and shrimp kabobs, and making brownies for dessert.  She's not about to let the fact that she's never grilled before, much less made kabobs, stop her.  She has made brownies.  She is extremely excited about it.  She called tonight to tell me she will be over early Saturday morning so she can go with me to the store and show me what she wants me to buy.  I have created a monster!

Gary started on the deck, working on a project I've begged him for 2 years to start.  He quit, of course, when he'd barely started.  Of course, he left the ladder out cause he plans on getting right back on it.  What did he do this evening?  He went and bought new shock absorbers for his 13 year old pick-up.  Why/  Cause it rattles, and the grand daughters no longer want to ride in it cause they're afraid it's going to break down.  It rides like crap, and creaks and bangs all the time.  I did ask him to NOT start working on it until we all leave for spring break vacation (that's the girls, Angie and me).  He said he'd think about it.

Think about it?  He's still working on the carpet shampooer.  He has invested enough money in parts to buy a new one.  Has he quit?  No, he is determined to fix it, regardless of cost.  I have been too busy to go buy a new one.  But, I will maybe get that done after spring break.  Anyone need a back up or spare parts for a Bissel Pro Heat II carpet shampooer?  I may have a lot of new and used parts to sell.

That's it for now.  Here's a golf rule :

LAW 5
The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an
instructor.


No comments: