I met Sheila and Sue at Two Rows for supper Tuesday night. They called just as they started the 17 hole, and I headed for the restaurant. It started pouring rain on them as they putted out on hole 18. They're lucky. We enjoyed dinner and gabbing, then we all headed out into the rain. I am SICK of rain. It's been something like 3 days of rain.
Wednesday, it rained all day, so no
Telco league play. I did manage to go to the grocery store, and then made Angie's
Bday cake. It was a cake recipe from Gary's mother, Ruby. It's a dense chocolate coffee cake with praline type frosting. It is one of Angie's favorites.
Thursday, we couldn't play FWGA league golf, so we ladies met at the Bridges for games. I played Mah Jong with Sue, Gerry, Sheila, and Margie for a while, then switched table to play with a different set of ladies. They also had a 42 card table going. I had a lucky day. I only had one really bad Mah Jong hand..... that's the "concealed" hand that I forgot to conceal. That prevented me from winning even more money. I left before Gerry, Sue and Sheila...... I had a headache, and a birthday party to prepare for.

As I was leaving, Angie called and said she was getting worse and Dr.
Moolamalla had told her to go to the ER. She had been to Richardson Regional Hospital (on Campbell Rd), but it was really crowded. They give such poor service when they're NOT busy, that she decided she needed to go someplace else. She was coming to get me to go with her. I got home and she picked me up and off we headed for the new Baylor Hospital/ER at
Renner and 190. What luck... there wasn't one patient there, just us. We were elated until they told us that they could treat her, but if she required hospitalization, they'd have to transport her to a different hospital. They are an emergency only hospital. That confused me......
Off we headed for Baylor located near Preston and 190. There were only 6 patients ahead of us, and it was 3:00, so we were doing pretty good. Here is a picture Angie took of me around 5pm while we were still in the waiting room....
Notice that I'm still able to smile...... We got into an ER room at 6:15. They started breathing treatments, and attempted to get an IV in her arm. The stabbed her arm for about 15 minutes trying to find a vein before they got assistance. The only vein they could find was the one in her neck, and she refused to let them try it. On and on it went...... all the test finally got completed, and by 9:30 pm..... I finally managed to go to sleep...
Yup... I wasn't smiling. We finally got out of there at around 11:45. We rushed home so we could have a piece of birthday cake before midnight cause we wanted to do it on her actual birthday... we hadn't eaten since early morning... and I also brewed some coffee. I actually sang happy birthday to her. Then, I crashed. I got Nada done today.... except for taking Angie and the girls to El Fenix (where else) for Angie's birthday lunch. They went home, and then they came back at 7:30 and brought Eric, and we had her Official birthday party. Here she is with Morgan before we lighted the candles and sang to her. 
We girls all played
Wii Tennis, then they left early. We girls are going to
Cushing,
Ok. to visit Papa Frank (my step-Dad) for spring break. We leave in the morning after ballet. The girls are so excited about going there. They're taking their golf clubs, and if the weather is nice, we'll all go play golf. Gotta run.... it's 11:40 and I have yet to start packing. Nothing like waiting til the last minute.....
No comments:
Post a Comment