Sunday, July 19, 2009

MY BFF....SHEILA

THIS BLOG TODAY IS DEDICATED TO MY FAVORITE CANADIAN AND BFF.....SHEILA

I know that in the past I have accused her of being a sand bagger. However, when she's "MY" partner, she plays a fabulous game. To be honest, I only think she's a sand bagger when she's NOT my partner. Honestly, her game has improved so much since she first came here, I'm expecting her to join the women's pro-tour any day. I know that I'm a lot bigger than she is, but she "carried" me all day long. Well, all except one one par 3.... I made par so we used my score cause she had a small problem on that hole. That's one hole in 18..... she shot an honest to gawd 81 from the white tees. (It may have been an 83..... I was wallowing in self pity and didn't pay that much attention.... but either score is fantastic!) Our score was 61 net. The winning score was 59. We were the only women in the tournament..... so that should tell you how well she played. The best "man" in the tournament had a +2 handicap.

WE ENDED UP COMING IN 5TH PLACE NET.

Okay.... so she can play golf with the best... why else is she my BFF?

When I go out and imbibe too much and get sick and she's not there, she chews me out for having so much fun when she's not around.

When I make an arse of myself, she's always willing to join me so I won't have to do it alone.

When I make a commitment to her and then break it because I "forgot" and have a conflict.... she actually knows I'm probably telling the truth. I no longer have a memory.

She has introduced me to her friends from Canada, and they are just like her. They're special, especially Mel. She puts up with me also.

Though she has no children, and they get on her nerves at times, she let's me con her into playing golf with me and my grand children (cause I can't drive two carts at the same time and we don't fit into one cart). She also invites them over to her house for swim parties.

When I call July, her mum, June by mistake ....... JUST KIDDING! When I referred to Joyce as June in my blog, she "nicely" asked why. No criticism....

She took Gary and I to Europe and likes us even AFTER watching Gary drive. (I won't mention the problems I had drinking wine in Europe cause I have the same problem in the states. I'm still trying to learn to pace myself.)

I've posted a few pix that bring back memories of great times with Sheila... and these are only a few taken since last year..... there are plenty more on the 1tb back up disk.

Joyce and Mark, I know you are proud of her.... I am too!

You know, I have a couple more BFF's. They too are the kind of BFF's that support you no matter how stuipd your plan is. I going to cover them this month as well. I would do it now, but I can only take being nice for so long.

No comments: