Thursday, July 9, 2009

CONGRATS "77" SHEILA

Sheila called today to see how I was doing. All she wanted to talk about was her golf score from yesterday with the ladies...... she shot a 77.... her career low! She doesn't usually want to stay on the phone... but man..... it sure takes a long time to give a hole by hole description of your best round ever. Honestly, 77 isn't that big a deal, I've shot that before. Then on the back nine, I've really screwed up.

Seriously CONGRATULATIONS TO SHEILA

Today was " I don't give a rats *&E# " at our house. We did nothing. Angie came over this morning and drove me to the mall to exchange a Wii game I got for the girls. When I got it, I dealt with the manager at the Willow Bend area store. I wanted a "gun" game. He drug out a war game, and I told him I didn't want my 6 year old granddaughter shooting other people. I wanted something like "rabbits" to shoot at. He asked about Zombies.... I said that'd work for me, as long as it was a pretend thing. Well, Angie read the review.... it was rated M because of topless women (zombies and regular people), and the theme was too adult, and excessive blood and use of the F word. Today, the guy at the shop at Collin Creek gave us some ducks or something to use. Haven't let the girls see it yet. I'm saving it for another day.

Angie and I came home from shopping, and Gary took the girls to Build a Bear. There went about $100. Talk about two girls that will cry at the drop of a hat. Those two don't do well on medication. Look at them wrong and they cry.

I cooked dinner tonight.... I made jalapeno chicken-pork sliders. I gave Angie my recipe for mango salsa, and she made her guacamole. It was a really good meal. Eric fell in love with the mango salsa. I got the recipe from the newspaper, and we'll probably have it again. I must do some regular burger sliders soon, the little buns were a big hit with the girls. Angie took pix, I'll have her add one here tomorrow.... she took her camera home before I got to transfer one.

That was the extent of my day. I spent the better part of the evening watching "Weeds" on Netflix. I think it's one of the funniest shows I've seen in years. I've see season 1, episodes 1 thru 8, and only have a few more seasons to go. If you haven't seen it.... start with the first season and work up. The sex is off the wall, and the drug supplier is just too funny. It's about a widow who becomes a drug pusher to support her two sons, then her druggie bro-in-law moves in. It's really good.

Guess I'll close for tonight. Again... Congrats Sheila.

No comments: