Now, you know how I love my iPhone. Well, I have a copy of the bible downloaded (thank you Angie) onto it. I'm sitting there thru the service reading along on my iPhone. Today was a special day at church..... Rudy decided to deviate from his planned sermon, and his sermon WAS running a little long. Anyway, I have to take 9 pills a day of tummy medicine. 3 pills in the morning, then 3 at noon, then 3 at night. It is soooo easy to forget, so I have an alarm built on my iPhone. Yup..... one of the alarms is for noon.
Okay, so I'm reading my iPhone bible, and the alarm goes off. Now, one saving grace, it is chimes, and honest to god, it does sound like church bells. I panicked, and fumbled the damned thing, dropped it (yes, it chimes until you silence the alarm) which caused the "vibrate" button to disengage. Now, I'm not only chiming, but now I'm no longer in the vibrate mode. I couldn't pick it up, cause it fell under the seat in front of me. I couldn't reach it, still chiming, and had to leave my row, (excuse me... pardon me... excuse me) go down another level and get it from the row in front of me. I ended up just picking it up and leaving the balcony altogether. FINALLY... it was quiet. I was too embarrassed, so I just stayed in the foyer the last 30 minutes of the sermon. Yup.... the phone rang while I was there......I'm glad that didn't happen in the balcony, cause that's an OLD PHONE ring... loud and long.
I did apologize to Rudy after the service, along with all the people in the balcony, and then the people (thank goodness I already knew almost everyone) on the first floor said "So that was you making all that racket". One guy actually thanked me, cause the sermon could have gone on for hours. Oh well.... I did leave a nice offering in the plate. Note to self..... turn phone off and use an old fashioned bible. Better yet...... change all alarms to NON-church times.
Well, it was only one blunder!
We met some old friends today for lunch. I got a call at the restaurant (Angie) and went to a quiet area for a second. Got off the phone and saw our lunch friend wandering by the front door looking lost. He's 89 and has Alzheimer's. (He had gotten lost while returning from the bathroom.) I approached him and said "Hey George, looking for me?" He had no idea who I was. There I was trying to get this little old man to go with me, and he kept saying.... "Who are you?" Yes, people were staring and me like a was a pedophile (not sure what they call people that abuse old folks?). I finally said "Marilyn (his wife) sent me to get you". He finally went with me, and we went back to the table. People were staring at me like I was a weirdo.
Well, it was only blunder number two.
Dad actually knew some people that were in the restaurant, so he was the big dawg for a while. They all made a fuss over him. So, we finish eating about 2:30, and go back to their house to visit. We leave at 4:30, and it's now time to go meet my step-bro and his family for dinner. Now, we did get a late start to lunch... who'da thought it would be so late? Came time to order, and I look at Dad and suggest we not eat big (like we're even hungry) and I'll order something. I ordered him a BLT, and I got veggie soup. Of course, step-bro's wife thinks I'm treating Dad like a baby and tells him to order anything he wants. He (being a smart @#%) says "She only lets me eat what she wants me to eat. I'm not allowed to order food by myself." Okay, there is no amount of explaining that will fix this.... I can't tell them we just ate.....
Well, it was only blunder number three, and they say three's a charm.
Dad and I go visit my sister again. Here are some pix, and they're unfortunately all real!
My nieces and nephews with Dad - Janice's family.
left to right back row. Austin, Bailee, Dad, Cameron.
Taylor and Coby in the front row.
My niece Danielle and sister Janice.
Dad and his fuzzy ferret friend.
Now, here is blunder number four!
What happens when you let a ferret lick your face?
We get back to the motel around nine. My cell phone is low on juice (probably from all the church bells ringing for so long) so I put it on the charger. I am typing papers up that we need to have notarized tomorrow before we leave, and I decided to print them here at the hotel. Dad decided to go to bed. The only thing is, I have to email them to myself, then I can go to the lobby, read my email there, and use their printer. So, off I go to the front desk. Dad is asleep, so I grab his fully charged phone and tiptoe out of the room and get my pages printed.
On my way back to the room, Dad's phone rings. I answer it and it's Angie (imagine... another call from home). We're chatting, and it's been said I'm loud, so I am sitting on the front of Dad's car downstairs talking to her before I go back up to the room. Dad comes walking out on the balcony (we're on 2nd floor and it's not really a balcony... it's the walkway) in his pj's looking for me. Guess what? Yup..... my phone is chiming and he can't figure out how to turn it off. Well, the third time of day to take my meds is at night, as in 10pm.
That was my fifth and final blunder of the day!
I decided to call it a night. I now have TWO phones on the charger, and one tired cranky Dad. I just want to say one thing more then I'll close.
IF YOU NEED EXCITEMENT IN YOUR LIFE..... GET AN iPHONE.
If that doesn't work for you, take a trip with me. Now, that reminds me of a trip to Bandera last year. Just ask how we impressed all the Swede's at the dude ranch with our singing of "Home on the Range". Better yet, ask Sheila (a.k.a. Ethel Merman)! Never mind, that's another post entirely.

No comments:
Post a Comment