Saturday, July 11, 2009

PEACEFUL SATURDAY

Today was one of those quiet days. Slept late, well sort of. Morgan and Chloe spent the night, and Morgan got up early, like always. Chloe and I slept in until Chloe smelled frying bacon. Papa Gary knows what those girls love. They ate breakfast, and I ran to the golf course to have Don K. sign off on some stuff Sheila and I are working on. Got home, and had the girls pick up their messes. They they got to have company. Two sisters and their brother. They were all really well behaved.... I mean the company.

Morgan didn't want to play house like everyone else, so she cut paper shapes out and used two rolls scotch tape to make something. I never did figure out what it was. I ended up letting Morgan go home with the younger two kids, and I ended up playing rock band on the wii with Chloe and the oldest guest. I play drums, by the way. I am better on the guitar, but that's Chloe's speciality. Wanna hear something pathetic? I enjoyed every minute of it!

Still enjoying the non-chaotic day, I did nothing else. Oh, I did cook gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. My secret recipe.... make regular grilled cheese sandwiches, and cut them up into weird shapes. It really impresses people. I just tell them they're gourmet, and they're so elated I'm cooking anything, that they brag on how good they are. Just another little cooking tip I wanted to share with you.

Gary sort of had a peaceful day. I let him do anything he wanted. Here's his day, and this is the truth. He decided to paint the house. He sanded the garage door frame, then recaulked it. He had to go to Home Depot for paint. Got home, and he decided to trim the tree in the front yard. Had to get a new chain for the cutter thingy. Off to Home Depot for that. Came home, and decided it was more important to paint the fence. Are you sitting down? He didn't go to Home Depot for anything. He started to do that, but it was time for dinner. Some time between the painting the garage door and Home Depot, he did cut down one limb and it was laying in the front yard where it fell (well it was the last time I saw it). He is now walking the dog. Do NOT ask me what he completed. Some day I'm going to do nothing but follow him around and make notes to blog about. It's hilarious, if you're not in a hurry to get anything in particular finished.

That's it. Tomorrow is church in the morning.... dog grooming in the afternoon, shopping for golf course supplies, and then dinner at Angie's house. I am sooo excited. Another day of doing nothing. Oh yes... note to self, turn phone OFF before going into church!

No comments: