Since I was gone on Spring Break for Angie's birthday (no guys allowed), we decided to combine her birthday celebration with our anniversary, and we celebrated last night. We all went out to dinner to eat. It is difficult to find a restaurant now. Chloe wants El Fenix, Morgan wants pasta, Eric and Gary don't care, Angie wants healthy, and I want anything except Gloria's. We settled on Agave Azule, in Carrolton.
We started dinner with table side guacamole, and drinks. Each adult ended up having at least two drinks. I had their special tequila, can't remember the name of it, and had then only use 1/2 the Agave Nectar to sweeten it. It was one of the best I've ever had. Angie had cantaloupe frozen margarita. Eric had some weird drink that I can't remember, and Gary had Amber Shiner, if I remember correctly. Oh, their hot sauce is really spicy, and served temperature hot as well. Very good.
Time for the main course.
I had shrimp in Tequila Cream Sauce
Gary had Blackened Talapia with cilantro lime rice, and chorizo asparagus
Angie had tacos with barbacoa, corn and chipolte mashed potatoes
Eric had carne asada stuffed poblano, corn, and asparagus with chorizo
Chloe and Morgan shared a skirt steak.....
Chloe was still hungry, so she ordered steak fajitas after they'd demolished the steak.
We shared three desserts.
Crepes with caramel sauce - Angie's favorite, mine also.Sophapillas with Agave Nectar, Chloe's favorite
Then Tres Leches cake with Tequila frosting..... good
Angie and Eric took home leftovers, but not that many. We all shared each dish, which was my favorite part, especially since we hadn't eaten there before. Then, we all oinked all the way home.
Gary did buy me a dozen roses,
he also assisted me in my purchase of a gun. No other details will be provided, for all of our safety. I didn't get him anything, but he's happy about that. He also took me to the gun range the other day. He was pleasantly surprised to find that I am proficient with a gun. I used to hunt as a girl with my male cousins. I also have shot guns since we've been married, but never when he was with me. Frank, Gave and I sat by the pond in back of Franks house and shot frogs, then after killing most of them, we resorted to shooting my Mother's tree ornaments. Yup, we were awful, but I could hit the target more often than they could.
Nothing much else exciting is going on. I have one more run on the RV. Gary has agreed to fix the towel bar that fell off and I cannot figure out how to get it to stay up, so we may have to buy a new one. He's also going to help me on the antennae/VCR/AUX/etc box in the RV that is preventing the front TV from viewing anything on the antennae. He's also agreed to get me a pole set up so I can easily raise the cellular signal amplifier. I still need to buy a satellite set up. I've decided to no get the "in motion" set up. It would end up costing me around $3000, and we'd have to run the generator all the time to use it. There goes my fuel economy. I am cheap after all.
That's it for now. Wednesday is golf with Sheila day. Yes, I'll take my camera.


No comments:
Post a Comment