Monday, March 18, 2013

I am soooooo *&$%#@ Tired

Here it is Monday, the evening of the 18th, and I'm exhausted.  More on that in a minute.  The last time I posted was 3-14, so I'll bring you up to speed.


Not sure where I left of, but Thursday, Angie and us drove around and looked at the various beaches here at Mustang Island.  We drove on the 4X4 only beach, no problem.  Chloe and Morgan looked for shells for a while, then Morgan and Angie went further out while I stayed and monitored Chloe surfing.  She sure works hard for what little “ride” time she gets.  Angie and Morgan found a spot where there were a ton of star fish on the beach.  Yup, they got a souvenir one.








 

We got back to the RV park, and ended up going to Port Aransas, where we took the ferry to Rock Port. 


We found a restaurant that featured HOMEMADE pies, and Chloe insisted we eat there.  Their special for Thursdays is chicken fried steak, so I got that, the girls had chicken strips, and Angie got a patty melt.  None of us could eat all of our food, just too much food.  Well, Chloe did eat everything on her plate.  Then, we ordered one slice of each type of homemade pie…. All they had were chocolate and coconut.  Both were good, but nothing “extra” special.  The food was more of a stand out than the pies.  We then took the long way home via Corpus.   They are into the wind powered generator thing..... thought we were in West Texas for a minute.


Saw this bad boy bird on the beach.

 

These trees were so weird looking.  They were so bent because of the wind.  Creepy, really.
 


When we got back to the RV spot, Angie packed up for her long trip home.  Sand and bikes and all their dirty clothes did fit in her car.  Morgan got upset just as Angie was leaving, and she insisted on going home with her Mom. 



That left Chloe and I to fend for ourselves.  I walked up to the office and booked an additional night, so we won’t head back til Saturday.  Chloe and I watched the sunset, looking for the comet, but we couldn’t see it with the naked eye.  It could have been behind the utility pole that was right next to the sun, but neither one of us wanted to move just for the sunset.  We did get a couple of pictures of the beautiful sunset, I’ll just have to figure out how to photo shop out the pole, or NOT!  Ok, in the picture below, look in the very middle of the picture.  There is a pale streak running left to right (horizontal).  It was in several pictures, but we had to find it to start with with the binoculars.  It was traveling too fast to tell what it really was.  We're counting it as a comet.
 

I also convinced Chloe to help me straighten up the RV, so it was travel ready.  We fixed left over smoked/grilled sausage for our dinner, along with some mac and cheese and a salad.  It was really good, or maybe we were just hungry.  We then cleaned up the place.  We got our sleeping arrangements made.  I had to sleep in the back queen bed, she claimed the cab over bed.  Not only that, I had to get the coffee pot ready for morning, then set it up in the bathroom.  I was banned from the main living area until AFTER she had gotten up.  (They all three complained cause I couldn’t sleep past 4 am.  At least I quit running the vacuum first thing every morning.  There is just something about 5 gallons of sand on the floor that beckons to me to run it.)

I honestly watched TV til maybe 11 pm while she read, then I slept really well.  Maybe I “need” to sleep on the queen bed every night to get a better rest.  I got up around 7:30, which is late for me.  Yes, I made coffee in the bathroom, and Chloe got up around 10 am.  I then made her some chocolate chip pancakes with bacon.  That girl can put away the food when she’s hungry.  I had bacon and eggs.  Then, the fun began. 

We headed in to Port Aransas and our first stop was to rent an electric golf cart for 2 hours.  Only $60, but Chloe had a ball.  Once I parked the RV, I saw that I had one under storage door open, and obviously bent like hell.  It wouldn't close.  Chloe said "Oh Mimi, I thought you knew it was open.  If I had known you didn't know, I'd have told you."  WTH?  Oh well, I decided there was nothing I could do to reverse it, so I twisted it enough to be able to lock it, and put it in the back of my mind.  I wanted to throw up, but it wouldn't have changed anything.  I'd worry about it when I got home.

We drove the beach, drove the town, drove by where the Cole’s stayed, then the beach, then the entire town.  I got cold, but Chloe insisted we get our 2 hours in.  Success, finally.  The traffic was terrible on the way back to the RV spot.  Even though it was 3pm, it was bumper to bumper all the way in both directions.  Just like the beach.  Oh, we found out you can camp on the edge of the beach, but they also have a county camping area on the beach, expressly for camping.  Looked like the wrong kind of crowd to me….. not party people, maybe professional beach campers.  UGH!

Here are various pictures we took while in Port Aransas.




 
Chloe took most of these while I drove.  Nuff said.

We got back to the RV spot and Chloe surfed for almost two hours.  I was soooo ready to make her get out.  However, it was her last night, so I indulged her.  I only had one old fart hit on me that afternoon, it was at the beach.  He wanted to talk to me about my RV.  Gasp!  This thing is an old fart magnet!  It definitely gets me attention. 


This is, by the way, Mustang Island, where Sheila, Joyce and I stayed in January.

 It was really busy with Spring Break people. 


I did call home while I watched Chloe, and Gary was working on the bikes we used here.  He’s not happy that they have rust all over them.  He made me promise to wash the underside of the RV really well.  I told him that’s the first thing Chloe and I are going to do on the way out.  We’ll do a quick wash in Corpus, then look for a special RV wash area outside of San Antonio.  I spotted it on the way down, and Angie saw it on the way back.  It has stairs and everything so you can wash it top to bottom. 
Chloe and I had left over pizza for dinner, then she made brownies with a ganache topping.  They were good.  We ended up hitting the sack around 11pm.  I again slept in then queen bed, and set the coffee pot up in the bathroom.  At 3:30 am, I was wide awake.  I finally got up at 4:30, had coffee, then in the darkness, I loaded up the lawn chairs and other stuff, unhooked the electric and water, then woke Chloe up and told her we were leaving early.  I told her to just sleep, cause I had to stop at the dump station, then wash the RV.  She fell back to sleep, and I headed to the dump station.  Finished that, then stopped at the first exit on the Corpus Chrisit side of the causeway and washed the RV.  Then we were off, it was around 6am. 

We stopped for breakfast at a McDonald's some place, then we took the Austin by-pass tollway, but I decided to take it all the way to Georgetown.  No traffic.... what a wize deicsion.  About 3 miles past Georgetown..... we came to a dead stop.  Traffic was bumper to bumper in both directions.  After going only one mile in about an hour, I decided to just take a side road.  It beat sitting in one place.  They actually had policemen directing traffic on the feeder streets at every exit.  At some point in time, I managed to arrive in Temple.  Chloe wanted to eat real restaurant food, and also wanted a DC USB charger cause she couldn't find hers.  We stopped at Target, and 2 guys stopped behind us and started asking about the RV.  It was sort of creepy.  Anyway, I got her a new charger, and the we went to her restaurant of choice.... Chipolte.  Get this, she wanted us to park and eat in the RV.  So, we did.  Then, back on the road again.

I finally managed to arrive in Italy..... TEXAS.  Elvis was there.  Also a space ship.  What a weird little town.

They also had a sculpture of a steer.  I won't say anything more.  I got a pix of the important parts.

We continued on.  It was an long trip down, a little over 8 hours, but it was even longer on the way back.  We stopped several times, but 13 hours driving an RV in the wind is one tiring drive.

Yesterday (Sunday) I spent most of the day getting clothes washed, and unloading all the stuff we took with us.  Today, I spent all day shampooing the carpets in the RV, rewashing it, getting sand out of every nook and cranny, then cooking Gary dinner.  I am exhausted. It's almost 11:30 pm, and I'm hoping I can sleep past 7am.

I am "supposed" to play golf tomorrow with Sheila, my treat.  I have a gift certificate for a free round of golf for two at Sherrill Park Golf Course, which is at the end of my street, so I decided it should be Sheila I take.  I am hoping to win some money off her.  Honestly, I'm just hoping I can get out of bed in the morning.  I attempted to take a hot bath (I'm a shower person) to try and prevent sore muscles tomorrow, but ther was no hot water.  Gary figured there was probably a problem with the gas service, so he decided it would be beter to wait til tomorrow to worry about it.  I don't understand his logic, I mean if that were true, the house could blow up if they fixed it.  He was just stalling for time.  I didn't feel like arguing with him. 

Now that I've blogged, I can call it a night.  The RV is clean and waiting or another trip.  Wonder where I'll go next.

No comments: