Sunday, March 10, 2013

Touring Padre, and Visiting Friends

Here is a picture of my sleeping partner, miss Chloe.  She slept in,  I got up early today.  We finally got started around noon, after cleaning, and reparking the RV, etc..  We decided to explore more of the island.
 
 We went to the Bird Basin area to see about wind surfing lessons for the girls.  They will attend a class on Tuesday, if the weather is good.  It's a 3 hour class, and both girls are looking forward to it.  On the way out of the Basin area, Morgan saw a hot pink flamingo flying in.  I couldn't get my camera out fast enough, but I did catch this cutie.
 I didn't take many pictures, but we ended up eating lunch at Doc's, where Sheila, Joyce and I ate when we were here.  The food was still good, but a tad expensive for lunch.  Oh well, it was yummy.  We headed in to Port Aransas to visit the Coles.  We got there around 4:30.  It ended up that Sheila, Sandy and I stayed at the cottage while everyone else went back to the beach.  Mark and Sheila were there with Ian, Sandy and their daughter Shayna.  Now I'll tell you righ now I probably spelled every one of their names wrong.  I apologize, but they will probably not mind.  Anyway, Ian, Shayna, Morgan and Chloe all went in the water.  Mark and Angie stayed out and took pictures.  The waves and distance from the place they started made it impossible for Angie to get any specific photos. 

I cooked dinner.... a shrimp boil.  Either they were starving, or they really liked it, I'm not sure which.  We had corn on the cob, potatoes, and boiled shrimp.  It took three separate pots, but we did get it all done.  Here are some dinner pictures.

Getting covered with sun tan lotion.....Sandy, Shayna and Ian





Angie had gone off to get the girls and her some dinner, they didn't want shrimp.  Chloe stayed behind and joined us for some of the corn on cob.  After dinner, we all played some cut throat Pass The Ace.  My two grand daughters didn't want to sit by Mark.... they know he's a shrewd played.  I won the first hand, then the Canadians joined forces and beat the crap out of all of us female Americans.  I'm going to leave it at that, but of course, Mark won the second hand.  Yup, I'm not a good loser.  My ex always said, show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

It was honestly great fun.  My two grand daughters love to play cards of any type with Mark.  He doesn't cut them any slack, and vice versa.  They just love to pull a fast one on Mark.  We left, and ended up at Sonic, cause Angie needed to send out some emails, and she didn't want to wait on slow internet from the island.  Gotta run, so I can get this posted before she decided to leave.  Here are a few more pictures.




You can tell by the pictures that everyone was having fun.  Especially Morgan. 

Tomorrow will be a day of who knows what.  We have no plans, except maybe sleeping in.

No comments: