Honestly, we both played okay, but I was honestly a little more consistent than she was. She had blow up holes. She took a 7, I think it was, on a par 3. She hit into the sand, didn't get out on her first shot, then on her second shot, she hit the ball up in the air, then her club bade contact with it again. What a riot. I also called her on one hole for taking a practice swing in a hazard and hitting a stump. Hey, what are friends for, if not to keep you honest. Honestly, she takes my money all the time.
Because there were only two of us, they put us with two other single players. Sid, and older gentleman, told us he played with the North Texas Seniors. I asked if he knew Ralph, and of course he did. Ralph knows everyone. The other guy was one of the owners of Fuzzy's Tacos, a restaurant chain. His name was Jeremy. Sid only played 9 holes, but Jeremy played all 18. We had a lot of fun. Jeremy's girlfriend is a teacher, and she called him from her cell phone when they had a rapist loose in the area of her school and they put the school in lock down. They had helicopters flying all over the school and neighborhood. It was quite a big to do. I got home too late to watch the news, but I'll check for it tomorrow in the paper to see if they caught him. Ah.... the drama!
After her terrible score, we parted, only to meet at the theater for a movie. I have been wanting to see Identity Thief for weeks, but everyone was too busy. Tonight, Sheila, Margie and I finally went to see it. Well, if you've seen the previews, they were sooooo funny. Well, the whole movie was basically seeing the same previews over and over for about 1 hour and 50 minutes. It was awful. They have decided I'm in time out for selecting movies to see. The last time I selected and got put in time out was when I selected Running With Scissors.
After that, we all went to Friday's. They carded us, which was stupid. According to the manager, their new owner insists they card everyone. They have secret shoppers who dine there. If an employee is caught "not carding" a patron and getting an official form of identification (no photo copies allowed), they are to be fired on the spot. Ok...... but how stupid, especially since you cannot be forced to show an id when voting. DUH!
The food was good. Margie and I split a special they're having where you get one appetizer (select from a list) and one entree. We had spinach flat bread, to die for, and fiery shrimp, which had lots of garlic, rice and cheese, and honestly, a lot of shrimp. Sheila had fiery salmon, and she really liked it. Of course, we had a drink, well, I had two. Then, they did the deed.... voted on the movie.
Oh the humiliation!
It could have been worse. They could have insisted I reimburse them for the cost of lunch. Later....


No comments:
Post a Comment