Saturday, March 2, 2013

Morgan's First Dinner Party

A while back, I had the tapas party, and Chloe got to come, but Morgan didn't.  This weekend, Morgan is hosting a dinner-card party.  She invited Mark (Sheila is working) and Carlos (Sue is in Ft. Worth).  Both Morgan and Chloe spent last night with us.  Chloe was "required" to leave today at noon.  Gary took her to play tennis at noon, and it's now 3:15 and he still isn't home.  I called him and he took her home earlier, but he is now doing his daily exercise...... shooting his bow and arrow at the PGA Supersotre.  Why they now offer that is anyone's guess.  It is a golf store, but they have a membership club for archery.  He has yet to get the girls as enthused as he is, but give him time.  He loves it.

In the mean time, Morgan and I have been busy.  She helped Gary clean the kitchen before he and Chloe left.  I went to the store, and got her everything she needed.  She went on the internet and found a web site named something like... "Cook like Grandma" and found a brownie cake recipe.  No, she refused to use a brownie mix.... therefore, she isn't cooking like "this" grandma.  It took two tries, but they have finished baking.  The first time, we were to melt butter, sugar and cocoa over low heat til sugar dissolved.  It never disolved over low heat and was a glob.  Pretty much the same thing on the second try, but we used it anyway.  The recipe had her butter the pan, then use cocoa powder instead of flour to prep the pan.  The damned cake stuck in the pan.  We just cut out the good part that wasn't damaged when we tried to remove it, and will do a pre-sliced presentation.  She was fine with that.


This month, her ambition is to be a chef and a bar tender.  What an ambition.  Of course, it will change next month.  Mark, unfortunately, made the mistake of telling her he worked for a company that provided help for parties.  Mark was an official champagne pourer.  He showed her how to do it.  Last time he was here at the same time as her, she learned to pour wine and champagne "correctly" from Mark.  I have no idea if she's serving alcohol tonight or not.  She hasn't shared all of the details with me.  I just know it's a kabob bar, ceasar salad (she'll make it using a kit from Kroger) and homemade brownie cake.  Of course, I'll take plenty of pictures.

Then, Carlos sent me a text.  His mother took ill, and he was headed to her house in Dallas.  Right now, we're waiting for Gary to come home and again clean the kitchen.  I did it twice, and am now resting for the big slice-off of the veggies for the kabob bar, as she called it.  Gary just walked in and wants to take Morgan somewhere.  THAT will throw off my entire schedule.  He is never on time.  I'll post this for now, and follow up tomorrow with plenty of pictures.

No comments: