
CHASE OAKS AT 7:00 AM
Monday, I played in a golf at Chase Oaks Golf Course in Plano/Allen. It was a couples tournament and I ended up playing with a friend of Don and Gerry Whitt from Wylie. It turns out he was also at the Whitt Elementary School Dedication Ceremony (see previous blof). His name was Ray M. He is 68, single, rich, retired, and also plays pretty mean golf. He has a great short game. We had a great time together, but didn't win. I did call the man running the tournament that we were playing against (he's also on the NTPGA committee) on cheating. Dang, it really made me mad. He told his partner partner to pick up her ball cause she was putting for six, and he was putting for birdie. She only got 2 strokes on that hole. It was a par 4. Anyway, his putt for birdie turned into a 5, we got a birdie or par (I can't remember and it doesn't matter for this story) and went to our cart. They stayed up there for a while. When they came to their cart, I asked what they had for a score on that hole. I was suspious of what they'd been doing. He said a net par. I told him that once she picked up her ball without marking it as per his instructions, she was out of the hole, and he'd gotten a bogie. He said well I knew where her ball was, so I had her put it there and then putt. I informed him that once she picked her ball up, she'd already incurred a two stroke penalty cause she hadn't marked it... yada yada. He finally said I was correct, and that he'd made a mistake. Damn men! Even when they know the rules, they still don't want to follow them.

Ray M. in one of his restored cars.
I never have found anyone that actually stayed to find out the results. I'm pretty sure that no one stayed. It was a 27 hole tournament at Chase Oaks, and they should have paid me to play the last "Sawtooth" nine holes. They are not marked, and you cannot tell which greens to shoot at. The cards don't help. They have 9 holes. They are in the middle of converting it to 2 greens per set of tee boxes to come up with 18 holes. What a mess! Never again with that league.
Today, I got up early to train my new temporary employee, Gary T.. Train him isn't quite correct, I gave him to Harold to train. I then went to court to serve on the jury pool. They asked if we could get past the fact that maybe the defendent wouldn't testify. No one said anything....then I started thinking. I asked "If the prosecution has a witness who says something, and the defendant doesn't testify.... why is he fighting the ticket? I don't think I could get past that. Likewise, if the prosecution doesn't have a witness, then I don't see why he's trying to prosecute a case at all. " The questioning lawyer looked at me as if I was crazy, then went on. All of a sudden, he asked how many people felt the same as me..... of the first 16 people, about half agreed with me. Would you believe that neither I nor anyone of those agreeing with me were selected for jury duty? It's not that I'm weird, but why fight something if you're not going to tell your side? Also, how can you prove a case against someone if you don't have a witness? Oh well, now I can wash clothes and clean house today.
Let the day begin, or as some of my friends say.... Carpe Diem (and excuse the spelling)

No comments:
Post a Comment