Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Blah Wed. September 03

What a rainy blah day. Dad got up this morning, watched the weather channel, and decided it was too rainy and wet to visit the "masterpiece". He and Gary did a quick drive by the "masterpiece" on their way to McDonald's for breakfast. The guys were surprised that they are pouring concrete this morning. They brought me back my favorite item from Mickey D's, a sausage biscuit.



I have decided it's too blah and rainy to clean house. I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but that's my decision and I'm sticking to it. Since I was doing nothing, I figured out how to get to Utopia, Texas from Bandera, Texas. That is where we are going to play the AT&T (and EMT, Fire Department, Police Department, and Arson investigation Teams) golf tournament this year.



As most of my friends and fellow golfers know, I've been passing around a book called "Golf's Sacred Journey..... Seven Days in Utopia" around. It is the story of a professional golfer who has a meltdown during a tournament, and shoots a thirteen on one hole. He ends up in Utopia, Texas, and it changes his life, and his golf game. I highly recommend that anyone who is a golfer read the book. All of the people that have read this book, whether man or woman, christian or atheist (smile) has enjoyed the book. Well, to make a long story short, I'm hoping that I can make the trip to Utopia from Bandera sometime during the golf tournament trip.



Speaking of GOLF (my how quick my mind works), the AT&T group is playing Tennyson Glen this evening. I called Randy and checked, and we're still on for playing this evening. What's a little rain among friends. I better run, Gary T. is supposed to come over and drive me to golf. I'll post the results tomorrow.

No comments: