Dad was sitting in the chair, and I realized what he was wearing. He asked me if I thought his socks looked okay with his pants. This is NOT a made up picture. Gary suggested red socks, but I got different socks AND shirt. I'm sure you relatives that have known Dad a long time will probably recognize the "before" shirt. I took a before "style makeover" and after pix. Oh well, he keeps life interesting. I am no fashionista, but hey.... the socks were driving me crazy. Here is a before picure.... look at the socks, then the after pix. As you can tell, Dad is VERY camera shy.
Sing it with me... Im too sexy for my socks, too sexy for my socks, too sexy oh yeah!!!
I started washing clothes for Dad and me. I have several golf shirts (DUH!), and the "wicking" shirts need to be pampered. You know, Woolite, hand wash, line dry..... well, I have waited way too long to wash, and ran out of clothes line. I went grocery shopping and found a 100ft. line at Krogers. Well, the deck now looks like a trailer park in New Orleans after Katrina. Ok, I'll change that... It looks like Kemah, Texas after hurricane Ike.... the back yard of someone who doesn't have electricity. Personally, I like the idea. I am going to try doing sheets outside also. Well, the girls came over... here's one reason NOT to wash and dry clothes outside.... the girls think it's a new toy! (yeah.... Papa Gary was watching them ....... Bull %#@$)
Angie took Chloe to the doctor today, at Chloe's request. She's had allergy problems lately, and she keeps getting bouts of low blood sugar. They will do some fasting blood tests. Chloe's had this blood sugar problem before (quite often as a matter of fact) where she all of a sudden gets pale, feels nauseated, and is completely exhasted and wants to go to sleep. Scary, to say the least. They are going to monitor her, but she also needs to adjust her eating habits. One year she was at the Plano Baloon Festival and fainted, but they thought she was dehydrated.
Most of you already know that Chloe doesn't like most food. She wants to eat meat, green beans, corn, bread with butter, salad (lettuce only) with Ranch on the side, ice cream (vanilla or cookies n cream only), apples and the skin needs to be separate, and milk chocolate. Nothing can touch anything else.... except her beloved catsup. Then, it has to be separate, she only wants to dip her food into it. Her new diet will include M&M peanuts for when she's deeling bad. That's about as exotic as her diet will go. Chloe is sitting here with me while I type. She did want it noted that she LOVES El Fenix Cheese Enchiladas, rice, and beans. And then they must be mixed together to get the full flavor. She learned this trick from her Aunt Janice at a very early age. She will also eat their chips and hot sauce. That is Chloe and Morgan's favorite restaurant.
While I was talking to Angie about Chloe, Margie called to firm up outfits for our Wed. tournament. While talking to Margie, I got another call and flipped over to answer it. It was MY doctor calling to tell me I failed my Glucose test, so it's back to the endocronologist (sp?) for more testing. I go to the endo. doc. every 3 months, if I'm a good girl. I haven't been a good girl lately. Poor Chloe.... I hope she doesn't get ALL my bad genes. I got all of Dad's bad genes.
Well, the girls smelled the roast that I'm cooking, so I've got to quit blogging and make some corn, green beans, bread and butter, etc.. Bless Eric (Angie's husband - my son-in-law), he stopped at Spring Creek Bar B Que and bought me some of their hot rolls and peach cobbler.
OINK OINK OINK..... Today the family dinner .....
TOMORROW THE GIRLS GONE WILD!
Sheila, Margie, Gerry, Marily, Paula and I are off to Cedar Creek Lake.
On the road again..... just can't wait to get on the road again...........

No comments:
Post a Comment