Woke up today to a nice quiet dreary day. Did a little (very little) housework, and visited with Angie. She came over (bless her) and ran the sweeper. I wish she had mopped, but never look a gift horse in the mouth. I also set my appointment for the glucose tolerance test. Got it Wednesday morning so it won't interfere with my AT&T golf night.
Ran by the club house, and worked out the details of the Garland Women's City Championship with Matt. Spoke with Sheila this evening, and we're all set for tomorrow to meet at 6am at the Old Course Complex to work their big tournament. We decided I'd run by the donut shop on the way so I could provide my PA's with "donut holes".
Speaking of holes..... The armadillos have taken over our foundation. The damned things dig next to a place that is almost impossible to reach (under the AC unit and under our new TREK deck) and start tunneling (I may have mispelled that.... far be it from me to look it up!) to China under your foundation. I mean deep under the foundation. I've posted some pictures. You cannot tell the depth of the hole. I harrassed Gary into sticking the camera into the hole and taking a picture. You can't see anything because they turned the entrance hole. He refused to go elbow deep to get a better picture. The pictures are a slideshow that follows this blog.
Anyway.... he got a trap. Our directions for trapping an armadillo state they eat meal worms and grub worms. I don't know how we would be able to keep those in the trap. It also mentioned rotten meat or fish. Yeah, like I have any rotten meat in my fridge. I did open up a can of tuna.... we're gonna see if they like that. I also have Salmon and scallops, but hated to spend THAT much money on an armadillo. I'm hoping that we catch something tonight. The trap right now is next to the AC unit. I'm personally more worried about the tunnel by the deck, cause it's on the southwest corner of the house foundation, and that will be a big drain problem if we don't get the critter out and refill it. The saga will continue on this.
If any of you have any recipes calling for armadillo meat, let me know. I could probably use some directions on how to clean it. I do not believe in catch and release. I believe all armadillos belong on the road, legs in the air, holding a beer, and drawing flies!
Gary cooked a great steak dinner tonight. Well, he did the steaks, I did the baked potatoes and blue cheese wedge salads. Guess will all settle down and the guys will watch the football game.
I've gotta clean out my car for tomorrow morning. See, 6 people drive carts from the Bridges to the Old Course, then I haul them from the Old Course back to the Bridges. I repeat till it's they're all moved. Then AFTER the tournament, we'll do the reverse. My car is still sorta dirty from Dauphin Island (see previous posts).
Later, I'm off to the car wash.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment