Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunshine and Golf - Sun. Sept. 14


We have a beautiful sunny day! We all slept in a little this morning.... even Stella. She came into the bedroom about about 6:30 am crying to get in bed with me. I was sleeping when she came in crying, so I of course let her in bed. We slept till about 8am, which is late for me, but probably normal for her. Gary and Dad went for "Guys Breakfast" and I got started on my day. I've checked the golf course, and it's cart path only, but Sheila, Mark and I are going to play anyway. I called Eddie, and he whimped out, so did Tracey.




Got to Firewheel Bridges, and was informed that we'd have to play the Champions twice, which I didn't want to do. We ended up going to the Old Course. We got on, but unfortunately we were behind the Bandits. Talk about SLOW play. We waited about 5 mins. between each shot. It got old, and our scores started out good, but went down hill. We had a few brewskies, and even that didn't help. Mark, Sheila and I were all glad when it was over. We stayed, shared french fries, and more brewskies. We finally went home.



I got here and had missed supper..... Gary went out for Whataburger. What's funny, Mark, Linda (works in the 19th hole) and I were talking about Whataburgers while we were at the course. So much for supper for me. I'm not going to tell you what we shot.... it was pathetic. Oh well, we'll all work on our handicaps.







Four Friends at Firewheel......

Left to right
Mark, Coors Light, Sheila, Connie

When the four of us are together... it's always fun!

No comments: