I got up early this morning to work at Firewheel on the Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament. I worked from 6-1030 am pulling carts, parking cars, taking late golfers to their team, and every other grunt work you can think of.
I came home, and Dad was still in bed. He stayed there until about 12:30. He said he got up, I was gone, and Gary was sleeping, so he and Stella went back to bed. I'm not sure what was going on, but he is still very worried (justifiably so) about the house in Nassau Bay. Janice and Mike decided yesterday to ride out the storm. They live on the north side of NASA Space Center, and Dad's house in south of it. They are only about 1 1/2 miles apart. The water started rising today, so they headed for higher ground, they went to her son Gabe's house. Gabe lives in Friendswood, which is southwest of Janice's house. Remember Angie and the girls and I went to Dauphin Island, Ala. for a week not too long ago? It's closed, the bridge from the mainland to the island is under water. Ike sure is getting around.
Seems like all we've done today is watch a rerun of a western show, then the weather channel, then back to westerns, etc.. Chloe and Morgan didn't come over for supper tonight. Chloes was at a friends house, and having too much fun to leave. That left Gary, Dad and me to go out and eat. Sheila had been raving about the blue cheese-jalapeno burger at Two Rows, and she also stated they did have chicken fried steak (Dad's favorite eat out meal), so off we went. The burger was pretty good, but way too heavy. The caramelized onions almost did me in. Talk about indigestion!
I also figured that gasoline would go up the next day or so. WRONG! I spent $3.39 a gallon a few days ago, but due to all the driving at the golf course, I was down to 1/2 a tank. Decided I'd go ahead and fill up before the price jumped. Wow, it was already up to $3.59. I went to RaceTrack on Jupiter, just north of Bush Hwy. Exactly 1/2 of their 87 octane pumps were shut down. I was wondering if they have 2 separate storage tanks for that grade, or what. It was weird, and there was quite a line to get to a pump that did have gas. WEIRD! But at least I'm set for a week or two on the gas.
That's about all we did today, watch Ike. I'm pretty sure that's all we'll worry about tomorrow. We're supposed to get terrible weather here in Dallas also, but I'm not worried about us flooding. I AM worried about Dad worrying himself to death. It sort of makes you dread waking up to find out how bad it was. Tomorrow will tell....
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment