The D's, C's and S family plus JUNE went to see Elvis on Thursday, the 18th. They did send me some pix so I'd know what I missed. It was at the Arboretum.
We ended up staying at Moody Gardens until late Friday evening. We never did get to close on the house.... something on the other side causing a delay.... underwriters appraisal paperwork. I HOPE that doesn't mean there is a problem with the appraisal.
We got home late, and Gary T. had signed me up for a tournament at Firewheel. I got up early Saturday morning and went to play. I didn't have time to warm up (what's new?), so it was meet my team and tee off. Thank goodness, I did know one person already. Guess he remembered me, cause he got in a cart with someone else, and left me with a man "known" for not liking anyone. His name was Rex. You're going to find the next few facts hard to believe, but here goes. Rex adored me.... thinks I'm the funniest thing there is, "especially" for a woman, as he said. I played fairly well. Only had a couple of problems during the entire round. I drank a lot of beer. My team came in 3rd place. I was the only woman in the tournament, so my team did great. First place (it was a 2 man alternating scramble) shot 134, second place had a 137, and we had 140. The rest of the field was closer to 150 per team. I also found out I'd won a skin from the tournament before (individual play-net skin) and our team won a skin Saturday. Don't know which hole, but it's great to be a winner.
After the tournament, Dad, Gary and I headed over to Sheila's for her Mum's party. OKAY, OKAY, OKAY!!!!! Sheila asked me what I'd been calling her Mom in my blog, and I stupidly said I don't know what you're talking about. Sheila informed me her name was NOT June, it was Joyce. We both know that I know that (not sure June, I mean Joyce believed it) is her name. I know that I have senior moments, so that's all I'm going to say.
Honestly, I do know her name. I have no idea how I got on that lonely road, but one thing cool about it, I had everyone else wondering if they were losing their mind. My final word on this subject is..... goodbye June...... I miss you already Joyce.
By the way, I did take pictures at the party, but I only took them with Joyce's camera. I "thought" Gary was using my camera, but he also took pix with Joyce's camera. If I get any pix from her for Sheila, I'll post them later.
Here is a real shocker to anyone that knows me. I went to church with Angie and her family. It is Woodcreek Church, and I honestly like it. They have mainly modern music, but usually give the audience a chance to select the standard version of a song, or the modern version. They do have several bands that rotate players and singers. There was a tie for Amazing Grace (old vs new version), so they did it both ways. They also serve coffee that can be taken into the service.
One thing that is truly amazing..... approximately 50% of their church does volunteer and outreach service. I did make one small error.... I "almost" joined a wine group that was discussed in their bulletin. Now, don't laugh, my last church was in Topeka, Ks., and they did have a wine tasting group. Anyway, Angie researched the next meeting and found out that it was Mr. and Mrs. Wine (for real) that do community work along with 6 or so other couples. So much for my joining a group yet. Angie is checking to see if there's a golf group, but I will need some time to work on my golf language skills first.
Sunday, Gary took the girls on a bike trip from our house to Prairie Creek. That's about 2 1/2 miles each way. The girls got to go swimming in the creek (Gary is sooooooo bad!). On the way home, my phone started ringing..... Morgan claimed she'd broken her leg pedaling so much. I went to pick them up. Chloe was beet red.... she doesn't sweat enough to keep cool. I brought them home. Gary actually rode his bike home and got back before I did.


Hopefully, it'll be a long time before Gary tries that long of a ride with the girls.
Hopefully, it'll be a long time before Gary tries that long of a ride with the girls.
My nephew, his new bride Lori, and his daughter Megan came in Sunday night. We had a huge cookout. Gary grilled Black Angus Burgers, Jalapeno Bubba Burgers, corn on the cob, home made salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, and "smashed taters" for dinner. The "smashed taters" were the crowd favorite. You boil new potatoes, then flatten them when you take them out of the pot. You're supposed to fry them, but I cheated and put bacon grease in the bottom of a sheet cake pan, and baked them. I turned them once, and when done, sprinkled them with sea salt, Parmesan cheese, and black cracked pepper. They almost take like my Mom's fried potatoes. Bacon Grease..... the miracle seasoning agent of poor folks!
Dennis and Lori went to Arlington for a "honeymoon" type of event, and we're keeping Megan with us for about a week. Yesterday (Monday), Angie and the girls spent the day here. We've made plans to do a video of the girls. That's what happens when they play guitar hero on the Wii all day. Dad almost had a breakdown listening to all that hard rock. I think I'm going to get the Country and Western version that comes out late this month. Today, they've gone shopping for hair products and outfits for the video. I will do the video, along with Angie once it's completed. I'll post it, but it will honestly take several days.
Meantime, Dad can't sleep. I personally think it's cause he worries about the house sale. We got a call late Sunday saying it would NOT be Monday. I didn't hear anything yesterday, so I'm hoping I will hear something today. If not, I'll have to give him sleep aids. He is one of those people that doesn't particularly show his stress, but he can't sleep when something is bothering him. I wonder where I got MY problem.... yeah right!
That's it for now. I've finally caught up. Hopefully things will settle down for Dad and I soon, and we'll be done with out last big project.... selling that house.
Later...... if you see JOYCE, tell her I said HI!

No comments:
Post a Comment