
On a more normal note..... a red eyed slider turtle (I think that's what Chloe called it) has taken up laying eggs in the back yard. Stella has decided it's her duty to chase her out of the yard every morning. The girls were really excited. the turtle has been here for the last 3 days, and so far, has made four nests, or whatever you call them. Basically, it's a hole, that turns into a deep mudhole, that the turtle then lays eggs in, and covers up with more mud.
Here is some of the female slider's handiwork over the past three days. Stella interrupted the one nest build, so it's really just a deep hole. It looks
like it would make a crawdad a nice home. You all start looking for baby slider recipes. I know they sell slider burgers all over town, so slider recipes are probably a dime a dozen.

We went over Sunday, for burgers and a swim. Here is a picture of June and me in the pool. Why are we smiling? Because my cell phone quit rining off the hook. I mean, EVERYONE and their dog called... my stepdad, my sister, the grand kids, etc.
June and I finally concluded that the phone will never ring again, cause I forgot and put it in the bra of my swimsuit (it makes a nice pocket), and we've been in the pool for several drinks (aka....several hours).
Sure enough, it was ruined.
Dad was content to sit and talk and watch the rest of us get in and out of the pool. Course, it was super cool under the arbor, that is now covered with wisteria. It is sooooo pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment