Where does all this dust come from? Is it from Stella running in and out? No, that was definitely MUD all over the couch in the office. Is it from Annie & Coco, our two grand dogs running in and out? Is it from all the cooking demos that Morgan holds in my house while I'm golfing? Is it from .... never mind. I'm sure you get the picture.
After a little cleaning, all of us girls went to the spa. I got a spa manicure and pedicure, a gift from the girls on Mother's Day. Guess what.... I have ticklish feet. Never realized it until this afternoon. I got french nail treatment, Angie got pink toes, Chloe had green toes and fingers, and Morgan had blue toes and green fingers. Mine was $50, which I think is a tad high for frequent use. I may just go with a regular manicure & pedicure next time. The massage was okay, but man, it WAS an electric chair massage.

After a little cleaning, all of us girls went to the spa. I got a spa manicure and pedicure, a gift from the girls on Mother's Day. Guess what.... I have ticklish feet. Never realized it until this afternoon. I got french nail treatment, Angie got pink toes, Chloe had green toes and fingers, and Morgan had blue toes and green fingers. Mine was $50, which I think is a tad high for frequent use. I may just go with a regular manicure & pedicure next time. The massage was okay, but man, it WAS an electric chair massage.
After that, we went to Jimmy's Italian grocery in (almost) downtown Dallas. It was at Bryan and something..... just a few blocks north of the Bryan Toll Building. I had like a 1/4 of a small muffaletta, which was way too big for even me. Eric lucked out and got the rest. I also bought some sourdough bread, fresh pizza dough, some imported Italian butter, some imported Arkansas tomatoes that were home grown (hey.... they looked too good to pass up), some cheese for my basil pesto recipe, and I can't remember what else. It was a fun outing. The girls swear that the chocolate (yeah... same type you can buy at Central Mkt) was the best they've ever had. Angie got chocolate cake, and I got Italian Cream Cake. She admitted she made a terrible mistake by not ordering the cream cake. We ended up sharing my piece.
That was it. I came home, and naturally Papa Gary wanted to see what we'd been up to. He didn't seem to get the french manicure thing.... thought I should have gone for color like
the girls. While showing him my toes, I noticed I had like a white dusting of mold or dead skin all over my right foot. I started asking Angie to see what medicine I needed cause it looked like I'd gotten an infection at the spa. She remembered I'd grabbed a bag of pizza flour that was torn, and I got flour all over myself at Jimmy's grocery. Sure enough, it dusted off... it was actually flour. It sure scared me, then it was funny. The picture of the toes in the shoe...... see the white powder at the top of the shoe? It was all over my left foot and toes also, it just didn't show up in the pix.
They left, and I started blogging.
The guys had their "Connie's not cooking" standby meal..... Subway $5 sandwich with tons of veggies.
The girls all left for about 30 minutes before the girls came back over. Chloe had stepped in red ants, and had bites all over her legs. I tried 3 remedies.... chiggar guard - for insect stings and bites..... some gel that is for insect bites... and fresh diced onions. Believe it or not, the sliced onions stopped the stinging within 5 mins. We ended up washing everything else off and using onions on every bite. I held it in place with saran wrap, so she could continue playing.
By the way, it was a beautiful sunny, not too hot day here.

No comments:
Post a Comment