MAN OH MAN! I do believe I'm gonna take up drinking nothing but alcohol and doing nothing but drugs!
I get up, get ready for my 10:00 am meeting with Don K. Get there, and Don is too busy to see me.... huge tournament, and some help didn't show up. Did get Marilyn to work as a "beverage hostess". She can't be a cart girl, cause she said it was 50 years too late to ask her to wear a bikini top and short shorts! Got home, Dad and I rushed off to Denton for his VA appointment. On the way there, cell phone rings... it's title company doing the paper work for his house closing. Title is messed up, and we need to probate Jean's will to get the title fixed. GASP!
Called Angie from the cell phone, palmed research work off onto her. Finished up with Dad, got home, took food over to Margie S. compliments of Marilyn and me. Today was her first day of chemo and we didn't know if they'd have time to cook, or feel like it. Ralph took her, of course. She looked great, said she was only a little tired. I provided her with Sanoma Chicken Salad and Croissants for dinner, and gave her a jar of Nutella (hazelnut, milk, and chocolate) spread to use on the croissants for breakfast. That should put a few pounds on her. Hey man, it works for me!
Touched base with Angie.... I have to get a lawyer to probate the will, and it requires a court date.... yada yada yada. Called J. McNairs office, and they'll take care of it. Let's just hope the seven some odd thousand dollars we've already paid him work well enough to get this task done. Closing WAS the 15th, but has since been moved back to the 19th. That'll give me a little breathing room to resolve the title issue. I have an 8:30 appt. at the lawyers tomorrow. Thank goodness I got one in Dallas. I'll blog the outcome.
Sheila and Joyce are in sunny New Mexico. They are probably eating steak and drinking fine wine right about now. I will say one thing. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Joyce does know how to have fun.... regardless of what she's doing. Like mother, like daughter. We're all looking forward to next week when we get to visit with her.
Nothing else to post. The girls just called, they're bringing over hot brownies for us to share. They just need to borrow some "white" ice cream.
I do have tremendous stress in my life right now. Forget the alcohol and drugs. I'm too tired to drive all the way downtown to try and find a drug pusher. I'll just stick with chocolate!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment