Yesterday, Dad and I made it to the lawyer's office to see about the house deed, then to the heart doctor to find that Dad's health is about the same. Got home in time to rush around and get ready for Telco golf. Dang, sure do miss out 3rd wheel, Sheila. Our boat just doesn't float the same without her.
We played couples net best ball again. We decided to open it up to gay men couples. We then had all but 2 of our league teams involved. We might have had 100% participation, but the other teams had already left when we opened it up to gays. Now, I'm not gonna say anything about gay men, but I will say that Carlos S played with his "partner" Larry W. They're both married, so they have either lied to their wives about their sexual preference, or lied to us to get into the couples tournament. I'm not sure who won, but as we were leaving, the Popes were in first place with only 4 more "gay couples" still out.
We were on the way to the last tee box when storm sirens went off from every direction. It looked fine where we were, so being the intelligent people that we are, (Gary T, Carlos S, Larry W, and myself) we decided to keep playing so we could finish our 9 hole required round. We finished golf and then got everything off the cart and into Gary's car. My cell phone rang. It was Angie, telling me about tornados in the area, blah blah blah. Gary T was driving, so I just relaxed. It wasn't until we got to 30 and 635 that it hit. We couldn't see for 5 feet, and neither could all the cars in front of us that stopped. We ended up exiting and waiting for the horizontal rain to subside. Mean while, Angie called about 50 times to keep checking on us. It is so nice to have a caring daughter. Gary checked with Diane early on, and it hadn't gotten to their house yet. We waited maybe 30 minutes, and it cleared enough for us to get going again.
We drove up, and there was no electricity at my house. Dad saw the car lights, and came out to greet us. Stella took the chance to jump in Gary's car. She was ready to leave our house, and go anywhere. She is terrified of storms. We finally "dragged" her out of his car, and she and I spent the night on the sofa. Gary doesn't like her to sleep in our bed, so I had no other choice. When it's storming, she wants "me". Dad makes Stella sleep with him as a norm, but never when it's storming. It's just easier to let her sleep with me.
Chloe woke me up this morning, by calling bright and early to make sure we're all safe. She must make Angie very proud! I assured her we were all okay. Later, the girls got bored and started calling asking to come over. I'm getting ready to clean house, so I told them that anyone who comes over MUST help. So far, no kids. Guess I'll take advantage of it. By the way, it is STILL storming, at 10:52 am.
AMAZING TEXAS WEATHER!!!!!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment