Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 2 of the *&#@

I made it to the golf course today and played with the FWGA Ladies League.  I didn't score well, 95, but began hitting the ball very well.  Especially my drives.  I had a couple of holes that knocked the entire score down.  I ended up with 6 par, 6 bogey, 3 double bogey, 2 triple bogey, and one quad bogey.  The triple and quad involved penalty strokes.  As you can tell, I was all over the place.  At least I've left myself plenty of room for improvement.  yup, a BUNCH of room.

After golf, Sheila, Gerry and I made plans for our Canton golf outing.  We're going with some FWGA ladies to play golf next Tuesday at Twin Lakes.  There are about 20 of us going.  After that, we'll all eat a late lunch some place.  Then Sheila, Gerry, Margie and I will go to Gerry's lake house and spend the night there.  We get up Wednesday morning and play the Pinnacle Golf Course. Then we'll come home that evening.  We're playing our Tuesday evening meal and Wednesday lunch by ear.  We're not sure what the golf course offers, or how late they're open, so we can't make definite plans.  We do know for sure that I'll be driving.

Okay, now about the *&#@ (that the four letter spelling of diet).  Yesterday, I did really good.  I ate egg bites for breakfast.  They are made with a base of 6 eggs mixed with 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese.  I take various items (tomato, cheese, chorizo sausage (soy type), diced ham, and one with a strip of Gary's breakfast bacon) and put them in the cups of a cup cake pan.  Then you just bake them, wrap and then freeze them.  2 minutes in the microwave and you have a quick low fat-low carb breakfast.  I also helps that you don't have to wash any dishes afterwards.  I get 12 egg bites out of each mix.  2 is about all I want to eat at one time.

Lunch was a low carb flour tortilla (to be honest, it was also low taste) with some lean ham and lettuce inside.  Dinner was ready made pork in green chili.  I added  a can of Mexican corn. That was not on my diet, but I didn't have anything else with it.  So, the only bad thing was the corn.  Unfortunately, around 11pm, I wanted something salty, really bad.  I ended up making a bag of popcorn in the microwave.  I ate about a cup of it, and decided it was NOT what I wanted.  I actually stopped eating it.  Maybe I was just too weak from lack of junk food to go to the kitchen again, cause I decided to just go to bed. 

I woke up to the alarm clock, feeling glad that I didn't eat anything bad, well REALLY bad.  Of course, I didn't weigh, it was all I could do to grab some a couple of egg cups and flew to the golf course.  After golf, I came home about 3:45.  I didn't eat at the golf course (everyone else did), so I was pretty hungry.  I made a quick sandwich of lean ham and cheese on a couple of pieces of butter lettuce, then started on dinner plans.

One thing bad about dieting, you have to plan, plan, plan.  I am still trying to purge the fridge (hence the green chili pork) of the not so healthy items.  I had a roll of pizza dough.  I decided on pizza nite.  I got everything chopped and everything ready to assemble.  Gary didn't get home till 6, so we didn't eat til almost 7.  By then, I'd made low carb-high protein cup cakes, chocolate and coconut.  Honestly, the chocolate taste like old cupcakes.  Oh well, it's something.  Now the coconut..... are delicious.  I think the only problem I may have had was using sweetened coconut.  I just had some in a storage tub, and I used it.  That's the only reason I can think of for them to taste good.

Okay, I made the pizza.  I made Gary one large (11x17) pizza crust, with 3 toppings.  He got soy chorizo pizza, prosciutto-arugula with spicy oil, and Marguerite.  He also got a salad.  I had two pizza's.... the Marguerite and the prosciutto.  Mine was on low carb flour tortillas again.  Here are what mine looked like.


 Pizza Marguerite - Mozzarella Cheese, Tomatoes and Basil


Prosciutto, Arugula, Provolone and red pepper oil.

The Marguerite was delicious, but I didn't like the Arugula.  It's a peppery tasting lettuce, and was just yuck.  Too strong a flavor for the rest.  I took it off and then it was edible.  Gary liked all three of his, even the arugula.  Go figger.  He did refuse to try the cakes though.  Oh well, more for me.

Now, here is something different to blog about.  I really don't have an exciting life.  If anything exciting happens, I will blog about it.  I can honestly say, the *&#@ is probably boring to read about.  Just skim over the parts you don't like.  If any of my friends tell me they're doing something fun, I'll blog about that.

In the mean time, celebrate with me.  I only need to lose 60 pounds, and I've what I call successfully completed two days.  If I get organized enough, I may count calories.  I may not.  I'm only attempting to eliminate carbs.  I'm having some, but I am trying to get them as low as possible and still not feel slighted on the food.  I already know I need more veggies.  Maybe tomorrow, when I have more time to plan and cook.  That will give me something to do this weekend. 

Before I forget, Sue D. has another contract on their house.  The movers packed them up, and they are supposed to leave tomorrow or the next day, depending on Clay's work schedule.  They will be missed by all, but I have a feeling Mark will miss Clay the most.  I don't mean that the way it sounds, but it's just a fact that Mark loved doing things with Clay. 

That's it for now..... chow (how cool a sign off is that?)

No comments: