Friday, I got motivated and walked 45 strenuous minutes. Ate pretty well, diet wise. Got pretty enthused thinking about all the weight I was going to be losing, and on Saturday, I increased my walk time to 55 minutes. Chloe came over in the afternoon, and had dinner with us. I grilled pork sirloins and served them with olive oil-rosemary roasted potatoes. In spite of all that good food, I stayed under my calorie allotment. Yeah, was a good day.
Sunday, I got up, had coffee with Gary, read the paper, then decided it was time to weigh in. The excitement is amazing.... I've been exercising and eating under my calorie allotment most of a week now. I step on the scale and .....
Talk about being frigging disappointed! Talk about being livid! Talk about being ....... oh well, you get the idea. Disheartened, I go ahead and go to the store to buy things for our cookout that Angie and family will attend. I bought 70% fat content ground beef, knowing full well it is gonna cost me. But, I did buy whole wheat buns for myself, regular for everyone else.
I came home and made lunch.... burgers on the Weber, and grilled corn. I cooked me an 8 oz. burger, that was honestly was too thick, so I cut it in half. Angie ended up eating the other half. We talked about my dieting failure. She is dieting, and working with a nutritionist. No, I started my diet on my own, nothing to do with Angie. Anyway, they found that she was eating too little calories. And the ones she was eating, were the wrong type. She needed to eat less carbs and more protein. When she changed to their recommendations, she lost 8 pounds the first week. That's without exercising. Talk about pissing me off!
She read my food diary, and determined I am NOT eating enough calories. Also, I don't eat enough protein. Yada, yada, yada. She told me I need to get up first thing every morning and eat something. Well, as hard as I've worked, I might as well try something a little different. Angie and Morgan left, and then Gary, Eric, Chloe and I went on a bike ride. OMG! We made it almost 5 miles, but going up the mountains got to me. Okay, they might seem like inclines to you all, but to my poor aching legs, they were HUGE mountains. I was glad about one thing..... Eric is as out of shape as I am, and he struggled also. We had to dismount and walk up a couple of the inclines. We both have 21 speed bikes, and we struggled. Gary did also, and it was a breeze for him. Chloe? She has the bike she asked for at Christmas. An old fashioned bike, girl's bike no less, and no gears. That girl is in great shape. She flew up the hills, leading the way most of the time. We did finish finally. Once we got home and I caught my breath.... I kept thinking of the old Texas term..... saddle sore. Lucky you, I won't go there.
Gary and I did manage to pick up the house and I crawled into bed. Believe me, I slept like a log! I was tired. Got up today, and had a protein shake as soon as I got up. Yuck! Oh well, whatever it takes. Then, I went for a 45 minutes walk when the maids arrived. My legs hurt so bad, I didn't think I'd make it back. Gary had taken the dog for a walk, or I would have called him and had him bring a wheel chair into the park to get my butt home. I came home and put some bio-freeze on my calves. They really hurt. I decided to update my blog.
That's it for now. If I do anything other than diet, you'll be the first to know. I'm going to attempt to stay on Angie's recommended diet for a week and see how it goes. Oh.... the dietitian did find one more problem with my diet....
What a life I have!



No comments:
Post a Comment