Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday..... *&#@ Day

First of all, good news.  I have NOT decorated any new Pinterest cake projects.  That should relieve every one's minds.

Now, about today's 4 letter word post. 

Background:  I started taking Humira injections for my chronic inflammation.  I have some high dollar condition, something spondilyatus, or something like that.  I cannot spell it, much less say it.  Anyway, the medicine is a TNF inhibitor.
Bad news..... It has a ton of side affects, including lymphoma.  Yada, yada. 
Good news....It took me a while on it before I started feeling better, but it has actually helped. 
Bad news..... I wanted to eat everything in site when I first started taking it.
Good news....The urge to eat anything that didn't move has subsided.
Bad news....I gained 19 pounds.
This is the last of the Good news..... my clothes still fit, it's just uncomfortable-impossible to sit down when wearing them.

The Bad news.... I now have 3 choices:
1.     I can spend my life standing up and semi-comfortable all day and continue to wear my too tight clothes.

2.     I can buy new clothes.

3.     I can go around the house nude all the time, and just drape a sheet over myself when I need to go out of the house. 

4.     I can go on a diet.

Gawd, am I depressed.  Gary is being very supportive.  He doesn't like #1, having to help me stand up if I accidentally sit down in my too tight pants.  He also doesn't like having me lay on the bed so he can zip up my pants, then having to haul me up to a standing position.  He's also not really keen on #2 because he's basically cheap.  Number #3 has caused him nightmares.  So, #4 is his favorite option.

Needless to say, he bought me chocolates and flowers for Easter.  I ate almost one entire box of the chocolates, then gave the other box away.  I also sent all of the leftover rabbit cake mess to Angie's.  I have decided I want to lose 60 pounds.  That's a lot of weight, but I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get some of the extra fat off and it would probably make my bones hurt less. 

Today was day one of my strict diet.  I am a little depressed about it.  Gosh, my chocolate!  Anyway, I have decided to blog about the diet.  That way, I will hopefully be more inspired to stay on it.  Gosh, I wouldn't want all of you to realize I am really NOT perfect.  (I'm thinking not everyone read the rabbit cake blog).  So, tomorrow I'll start writing about what I'm cooking and eating.  Doesn't that sound just like sooo much fun?

I will blog tomorrow..... after I play golf.... if I play golf that is.  If it's cart path only, I'm NOT playing.  Rain has been in the forecast for every day this week.  It's been cloudy, but not a drop of rain since Sunday. 

Later....

No comments: