Friday, April 13, 2012

Just another day

I am so excited.  I have successfully completed day 3 of my *&#@.  I personally thought I was doing really well.  I had 481 calories to spare going into dinner.  I made rice, green beans, and lemon chicken.  Whoa thar pardnar.... it weren't no fried chicken.  (That's Texas slang.... got it?)  I was just pan friend in 1 tsp olive oil, then topped with lemon juice, slivered toasted almonds, and fresh parsley.  Problem was, I ate two deck of cards.  If you've never been on a diet, and don't know what that means, then who cares.  I ate two deck of cards worth of chicken.  It was so good.

I went in to log my dinner, and KA-BAM!  I'm 81 calories over my 1200 limit.  Guess I need to back track and explain something.

Today, I searched all the iPhone apps for an app for tracking weight loss.  My criteria... it had to be free, also have a web site you can use and sync the iPhone with the PC, and it had to be really cool.  I found one rated 5 stars.  It's called MyFitnessPal, and of course the url for the web site is named the same with .com.  Anyway, I input my age, height, weight (the actual weight, not the one I tell everyone), that I'm sedentary and my goal.... to lose 2 pounds a week.... and that I want to lose 60 pounds.  It told me since I sit on my butt, I can only have 1200 calories a day. 

Well, it really is a pretty handy app.  I searched exercise in it's database, and found that if I walked 30 minutes BRISKLY, I could lose 198 calories.  Off I go, with timer in hand.  I have a timer on my iPhone, I set it for 30 mins.  It was a struggle, cause I took Gary, but I walked briskly (most of the time, except when he wanted to show me some cool garages in the neighborhood).  I made it 30 minutes.  Yee-- haw.... I'm in tall cotton once again. 

Thanks to these size 11 puppies... I now have an extra 117 calories for today.  I can actually have another crappy, I mean homemade chocolate cup cake.  Honestly, they were lots better today.  They have to "rest" a day or so.  The coconut are still good.  Yup, I had one.

That's all the excitement here.  I am not going to weigh until I get back from the golf outing to Gerry's house.  Hopefully, if I keep telling myself I worked hard for almost a week by the time I get there, that I won't want to blow any weight loss by going TOO far overboard. 

My doorbell rang while I was typing this.  It was my son-in-law, Eric.  He needed to borrow 2 sticks of butter cause Chloe is making donuts.  Morgan also called and invited me over to eat hot donuts.  I told her no, cause I was on a diet.  She said then I should just eat the holes.  Gawd, that girl is soooo smart.  I was a good girl, I stayed home. 

This is for my friend Sheila...

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though they know you are slightly cracked.



Later y'all.

No comments: