I called the world traveler this morning (Sheila). She got in yesterday, and had managed to blow her big video poker win. I would never do that! Got the scoop on her trip. Then she told me she's lost 8 pounds. I want for her to succeed in her getting healthy kick, but THAT really pisses me off. Yeah, she walks 3 miles every day, but she is actually eating more now than when she started her diet. That is just sooooo not fair. To make matters even worse, she walks a faster mile than I do, so it doesn't take her near as long as it takes me. Maybe tomorrow I'll buy her a box of chocolates. Yeah, that's what friends are for. I'll think about it. She said Mel made it home safely, though she did get screwed on her flight home. It was a late nite flight, the last one of the day, and it got canceled. Due to her job demands, now she's going to have a bad Sunday, and probably not the best of Monday's.
I had a lazy day. I called Angie around 1:30 to see if Chloe wanted to join me for a walk. She wanted to ride bikes, but the gears shifter is broken on my bike, and I can't do a "good" workout on a "cruiser" style bike. BTW, I did look at the ads today for a new bike. I may get mine fixed... who knows. Anyway, headed out for our walk. We walked 2.1 miles in 46 minutes. We walked from my house to the Eisemann Performance center, then looked for a restaurant. DUH! It was Sunday. Only one place was open. Sol Irlande's Mexican bar / Restaurant. We stopped there, shared a Botana Platter (variety platter), and I had iced tea while Chloe had a diet Pepsi. Their food was all fantastic, cept the guacamole. It tasted like it was nothing but preservatives. We decided we would go there some evening for dinner with Gary.
Here are a few pix from our walk to the Eisemann Center area.
We came back home, but took the long route. We found the cemetery. Here are pix of our walk back.
We did stop and smell the roses.... or whatever this flower is.
The above is a test. Can you spot the fish? Sorry, it was a poor picture. But I was on a bridge looking down into the shade, which was about 30 feet below me. Here's Chloe going down to the shade to get a closer look at the fish.
Here's a view from the other side of the bridge.
Yup, my favorite bridge. Below is the start of the "off the beaten path trail to the cemetery".
It gets smaller and smaller....
Ah, Chloe sees an opening......
This place is protected like Fort Knox.
Nope, no gate. Chloe just stuck the lens thru the fence.
Ok, after this, we hustled home. We were tire. We ended up logging 2.8 miles in 57 minutes. I just hope I can walk tomorrow. I don't think I'll have any trouble sleeping tonight, unless it's because the smell of Ben Gay keeps me up all night.
You all have a good one........


No comments:
Post a Comment