She and Gary got up before I did, and he'd already made her waffles and bacon. Stella just loves all the attention she gets from the girls.
I had my super protein oatmeal breakfast with fruit and turkey bacon. It's really reached the point in my diet where I think it's good. Pathetic, no? Then, Chloe agreed to go for a walk with me. She'd rather ride bikes, but I cannot keep up with her. That girl rides a cruiser, no less, and hills do NOT phase her. She is a force to be reckoned with when she's on that bike.
We actually made it 3.7 miles in 77 minutes. That's averaging a little over 3 MPH. It's a good pace considering we're walking in the wilds of nature, significant altitude changes, all the while threatened by close encounters with wild rabbits, snakes, even fish swimming close enough to splash us. It's a real jungle.
Today, I actually was attacked by a butterfly. He loved my purple tee. Chloe took a few pictures with her iPhone. We try and keep a really steady brisk pace. We were hustling along, and I remembered that oud quote about "taking time to smell the roses". I mentioned it to Chloe, who didn't understand it. I explained how we rush around trying to accomplish things, and sometimes miss beauty that surrounds us. I told her we needed to take time to appreciate the day, our health, and the fact that we could walk in our surroundings on such a beautiful day. So, she decided to take a few pictures, to caputre the moemnt. We did attempt to get a picture of a snake, small maybe 2 feet long, but it was too far away for us to get it with our iPhone. This is my favorite. I like the softness of the flowers against the harshness of the tree. Honestly, the damned tree looks just plain old evil.
We actually got all the way to the Eiseman Center before we reached what we thought was our half way point. You can tell from the picture that I haven't lost any weight... well not enough to count.
For those of you keeping score..... we leave my front door, and only cross one street during the entire time. That's what is so cool about our area. We can walk miles and never be more than 2 miles from home because the trails wind and turn thru the woods. Here is one of the girls favorite places. It's a concrete animal park. The only way to really know about it is to know where it is. The girls call it "Snake Park", because of the concrete snake (I think it's really supposed to represent an eel).
Now that I think about it. Somewhere along our route, there is an old Routh family cemetery. I need to find that next time. It's been hidden by a route improvement. I have to remember to look for it.
We came home, and she was starving, begging for turkey burgers and hot dogs on the grill. I rested for a few minutes, then we headed for Tom Thumbs. They had salmon burgers today in the meat market, so I picked up a couple of those, and Chloe's needs, then also some low fat "regular" beef for me a burger. I grilled the meat, and Chloe and Gary got the fixins' on the table outside. We love to eat outside. Gary thought his turkey burger was gross. I almost died laughing. He was eating the salmon burger. DUH! Once I told him, he still insisted it didn't taste right. I tried the salmon, and it was delicious, it tasted just like regular salmon. MEN! Chloe loved her burger, and I tasted it, and it was good, but I preferred my regular beef.
Chloe left around 4:30. She and her Dad are going to Texas Stadium to watch The Magical Flute. I "think" that's what they're going to watch. Now get this. We both have season tickets to the opera that we didn't use one this season, and they pay to go to Texas Stadium to watch one on the big screen. Oh well, what ever floats their boat. Morgan came over after Chloe left. She and Gary left to watch a Rough Riders Ball Game. Morgan is in seventh heaven. She has the Riders app on her iPhone. It gives her all types of info about the Riders and their games. She and Gary looked so cute in their Riders outfits, that I had to snap a pix.
I am home alone, which is not all that rare. I just want to stay home and maybe clean house a bit.
Sheila should be home by now, and probably at an auction, if the truth were known. I haven't talked to her, but didn't really expect to. I am curious if she came out ahead in Vegas. Also wondering the same about Mel.
There is nothing else I can write about. There really wasn't really anything exciting to write about anyway, but dang, I do try. Later......







No comments:
Post a Comment