Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, April 9

The title of the blog should clue you in that there's nothing exciting for me to blog about.  I got up today, with a tooth ache.  DAMN!  Still having tummy problems, so just what I need is another tooth ache.  I mean, it started a over a month ago when I got some crowns made.  During the prep work for the crowns, it started.  Now, it is worse than ever, and that's AFTER a root canal.  I called the dentist and got a 4:30 appointment.

I was supposed to have lunch with Dawn B.today.  She called and asked if I was still up for lunch.  I said "sure".  Then she told me to pick her up at 12:30.  OK, I'm set now.  Got there, and found out she expected me to take her to the mall to return a foam chair cushion.  OOPS, I advised.  My schedule today doesn't have enough time, but I offered to return it on the way home from my dental appointment.  We went to Ying Cafe, and had so-so Chinese food.  I decided that it's my last time for that particular restaurant.  It used to be busy, and the food was fantastic.  The last three or four times I've been there, we've had the place to ourselves.  Also, the hot & sour soup hasn't been fabulous.  Just so-so.  Needless to say, even the Orange Chicken was just so-so today. 

Came home, and got ready for the dentist.  Got there at 4pm, and got in to see him at 4:50.  He adjusted my bite.  That's tech talk for filed my teeth down.  He thinks it's hurting because of the swelling i have after having all the work done last Monday.  He thinks it should be good in a week or so.  Here's the clincher.  If you have a tooth ache (not talking cavity), it's either the never in the root (root canal) or the tooth socket (pull tooth).  EGAD!  Let's hope this fixes it.

Returned the cushion to Joann's for Dawn, and browsed the store. I did find a place to buy necklace cords for future glass fusion jewelry.  LOTS CHEAPER THAN PREVIOUS STORE.  Live and learn.  Came home and got caught up on nothing.  I marinated steaks, and actually grilled rib eyes and asparagus.  Gary got his precious salad and hot rolls, and I opened a bottle of proseco sparkling wine.  It was 7pm by the time we started eating, so it got dark.  We lite a firepot and Gary ended up washing dishes while I played WWF and finished off the bottle of wine.  BAD, BAD, CONNIE.




That's it for my exciting day.  I'm getting ready to watch The Voice.  I am a fan of Cee Lo, Blake, and Adam.  I can do without Christina.  However, this year, the contestants are all soooo good.  It'd be tough to select who would win. 
Later.......

No comments: